AfterDawn Forums

Please recommend Blu-ray internal burner for desktop

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

tuppence Suspended due non-functional email address
I am buying a new desktop PC, and want to install a Blu-ray burner in same. Will use burner for (1) backup Blu-ray disks; (2) make HD movies; and (3) backup existing data files from computer. Prefer to be able to burn single & dual-layer Blu-ray disks.

Can you recommend a good, reliable, internal Blu-ray burner for the new desktop? Would like to get software (not OEM) bundled with the burner, unless there is little cost for third-party software.

Also, please recommend blank disks to use with the burner.

In case it is important, here are the specs of my new computer:

Dell XPS 8500
Intel i7 processor
Windows 7 Home Premium
12 GB RAM memory
2 TB hard disk
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640 1GB GDDR5
DVD burner + Blu-ray reader
Dell ST2420L 24-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor with LED
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Hi I bought a LG-BH10LS38 , found it to be brilliant for buning any discs, I also bought DIGISTOR blank discs 25 gig & 50 gig using the latest version of Imagburn worked a treat for me.
The only problem I have using LG brand of burners is that it doesn't recognize certain brands of blank discs. Maybe it was just the model I happened to buy although that can be a problem with any brand of burner.I also have a Samsung burner and it recognizes any brands of blanks that I use so far.Verbatim AZO is the best brand of discs to use and Memorex is probably one of the worst.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Trinath Suspended due non-functional email address
Try in sony... you can get it better for laptops
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Feb 2013 @ 7:56
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.