1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 to two DVD-5

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by matryx, Jan 27, 2011.

1. matryx

matryx Member

I have a DVD-9 iso movie that I want to put on two DVD-5. Is there a program to split it without losing the quality?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Sure thing DVDFAB,i usually use the customise option first to dump the crap like previews & warnings & trailers then once done either i run menushrink (reduce menu size by removing animations,usefull when dvd9 to dvd5 single disc) or just run straight to split,be sure to have "keep menu on disc 2"ticked on when in split menu window, also use settings to increase dvd 5 setting to say 4475-4480,dvdfab has it's own burning engine called vso (you'll see it on install) works as good as any other burning software,yeah just be sure to use settings to set write speed & whether you want dvdfab splash or black when split disc inserted then away you go

edit: as a trial run i would recommend using dvd rw discs until you have fab setup correctly to the way you want it, i personally use dvd+r media & tick booktype dvd+r to dvd-r,there's no quality diff it's only the type of format of the disc,you'll have permanent free ripping with fab the rest is 30 day trial,other programs i would suggest investing are the three below from slysoft,30 day trial only

anydvd
    clonedvd
    clonecd

& not forgetting nero recode formally known as dvdshrink unfortunatley it can't rip copy proteted discs but can process once ripped

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

As A Side Note Dfab Can Be Set Up To Use Imgburn instead of VSO

4. matryx

matryx Member

Thanks guys. I used DVDFAB and everything worked fine.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It won't always work on some new protections however anydvd usually does then it's a matter of time waiting till fab provides an update,just a heads up no reply necessary