1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error programming error - exception occured

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jlecky, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jlecky

jlecky Member

I have been trying to use DVD Shrink to shrink both transformers 2 and 3. I was able to do it fine with no problems with Transformers 1, but 2 and 3 are giving me this error when it tries to analyse it. I first tried to just open it directly from the disc with DVD shrink and got an error saying "Copy Protection Error - the read failed because the sector is encrypted." so than I opened it in DVD Decrypter and saved the ISO Files. When I try to bring those ISO files into DVD Shrink, I get the error "programming error - exception occurred" during the analysis. Anyone know how to solve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is that the DVD_Decrypter that was last updated in 2005?

3. jlecky

jlecky Member

I suppose so. I just downloaded it today

4. jlecky

jlecky Member

If there is there something better that I can use, please let me know. I am not familiar with this type of software

5. attar

attar Senior member

6. coral

coral Member

Here is what I have been doing for a long time:
    {1) with new dvd in the drive, click on My Computer, right click on the dvd drive letter, choose explore. This brings up the VIDEO_TS folder. (2) Boot DVD Shrink (3) Go the the DVD Shrink drop down Menu and select Open Folder. (4) Go the the drive and select the VIDEO_TS. DVD Shrink then does it.