1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdexpress v pinnacle

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mickthejoiner, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mickthejoiner

mickthejoiner Member

Hi I started out with one of these devices using the Capwizard software, it worked OK for a short time ,then I started having problems with the sound(it stopped capturing sound after 13 seconds)then it would tell me there was copy protection on the tape!!(they were home video camera recordings)after waiting nearly 2 months on a reply and not getting one I binned it, and bought a Pinnacle HW SET DVC100 Rev1.1. I use the Pinnacle Studio software to capture the VHS tape to my HDD then use Nero Vision/Video to edit and burn to DVD, the quality of the captured vhs video can be altered in Pinnacle or Nero, but I prefer Nero, the quality of the DVD is very good. The plus factor in using Pinnacle device is that it bypasses the protection on copy protected videos, I've copied nearly 40 Disney tapes (for home use only)without a problem. if using the pinnacle with Windows 7 you must get updated drivers from Pinnacle.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Sounds like a good deal to me.Thanks for sharing the information with the rest of us.