1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.dtshd files. can i burn to a BD-R?

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by jay4, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there!
    thanks to Verbal for the tutorial on MultiAVCHD.
    I have a bunch of .dtshd 7.1 surround files.
    what do i need to put these onto a BD-R for audio playback only?
    i did a search, but i got snowballed under with different info.
    regards
    jay4

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I take it that these are more or less like any other file(s) on a computer.

Are you able to play these files, as they are, on your computer? If so (you have playback software), then you should be able to play them from a disc using the same software.

ImgBurn will burn files to a BD-R. Try one disc and see what happens. Should be good. If not, it is only one disc to try.

3. jay4

jay4 Member

hello rulisky!
    thank you for posting.
    the .dtshd files don't play on the computer.
    i tried with AVCHD and ImgBurn, and they actually burnt to a BD-R but as a AVCHD VIDEO and considerably larger than original audio files. the files were about 13gigs altogether and they were encoded to about 27gig. only one track would play, and i had to do a title search to play the next track. these little apps are fantastic!
    i'll give the audio disc a miss for the moment, and keep doing the video's-i'll revisit this one some other time.
    you might be able to help with AVCHD question. the video's burnt to BD-R play nicely, but i can't press backward button to play a previous track. an example, say if i'm playing track 20, and i would like to play track 12 again, it only goes back to start of track 20. is there something i'm not doing in the settings/author/menu?
    regards
    jay4

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Glad you had some success. Sorry that I can not help further, was hoping that simply burning them to a BD-R would be the answer.