1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting 24bit 192khz from pc to stereo

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by 99masond, May 26, 2013.

1. 99masond

99masond Member

I have a Toshiba Satellite p850-12z on which I have some 24bit 192khz tracks and I was wondering if it is possible to get the full quality of the sound from just running a cable from my PC’s headphone jack into the stereo. I know some headphone outputs will down sample the signal and not give you the full quality like the Iphone for example. If this will not work could you suggest and inexpensive way of doing so .thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Nup that's how i do mine although it's a desktop same thing run the cable to rear of stereo,you may have to remove from the stereo the cd,radio,video,or aux cables if they are already in use,obviously they go into the input ports regardless of type of stereo

the cable required to do this is the one that has the 2.5mm jack (headphone socket type) which then splits to the dual wire cable with two RCA connectors at the other end or whatever type of connectors are on said stereo ,you can get pre-made ones),don't be concerned with buying any bs so called monster or expensive cabling it's unnecessary, you can run 3-5mtrs or more easily without any issues well mine are, in fact i use that same type of cabling to a guitar amp & its speaker more than 40ft away hehehe the neighbors for miles around don't know what hit them when black sabbath or rammstein are playing

ok what to play said files with,there's options xbmc for windows(portable or installed) is pretty good especially if you need to amplify to boost the sound,vlc is another goodie along with it's presets as is xion,all are skinnable tho the last two are really lite on resources which is always a good thing,the only downside to xion is you need to place added songs if doing it manually by drag n drop at the very base & on the skins bottom bar or the songs will place themselves where you drop them,example if you dropped one in the middle of playlist that's where it will appear it's most annoying ,vlc doesn't have that issue

edit:eek:nce its setup your movie watching will be pretty sweet as well,you'll here a knock at the door & get up to answer but no ones there,only to realize it was the movie ..lol..

Last edited: May 26, 2013