1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which audio codec for Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by BigToke, Feb 15, 2010.

1. BigToke

BigToke Member

Just bought the Onkyo AV Receiver (HT-R670) and was wondering if anyone knows which audio setting is the best with the PS3 since both support 2 channel linear PCM, multi channel PCM and Bitstream. Also should I use the PS3 or reciever to do the decoding?

It's a 7.1 receiver but plan on using the extra channel to Bi-amp the front 2 speakers since I'm hooking 2 CV 15" 3 way speakers 5" mids and 2" tweeters in an acoustic suspension as my front right and left. Will have a powered 10" sub, dual 4" mids and 1" tweeter center channel and dual 3 1/2" mids with 1" tweeter rears.

Just got my 65" mitsubishi tv and this will be my first component system (everything else has been HTIB crap) so any advice on settings or speaker configuration would be greatly appreciated. I plan to upgrade to Klipsch speakers as budget allows but with the recent tv, receiver and couch purchases that may be some time. Thanks in advance for all your help

2. bobchew

bobchew Member

Does it play dts hd maser audio? in 6 channel? dtshd

3. BigToke

BigToke Member

yes, the reciever supports DTS HD 6 channel but I thought only the new PS3 slims support Bitstream. I have a launch 20GB and a 2nd gen 80GB PS3, so as I understood it I'm not able to use DTS HD. Thanks for taking the time to help a noob out.

4. bobchew

bobchew Member

no worries mate..ive been tinkering with dtsd files for while now master audio too..they're big! just trying to them to play is the problem