1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do my DVDs and certain video files play upside down?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by FLcfh1977, Nov 3, 2002.

1. FLcfh1977

FLcfh1977 Member

I have two DVD plaier programs on my PC. One is DVD Station that came with the RealMagic Hollywood Plus card. I also have PowerDVD, but both of these play certain burned DVD/VCD and certain Mpeg files upsidedown and backwards. I thought it may be a conflict with the codecs, so I uninstalled the Nimo codec pack, and no result... However, while I have the Nimo pack installed, all the mpeg files and VCDs will play in Media Player correctly. What is it with the DVD software?

2. lucmarcil

lucmarcil Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with 1 computer using Windows Media Player Series 9 Beta with the Cyberlink Power DVD pack (MP3 encoder and DVD player), in Windows XP Pro.

On 1 computer with this same setup, DVD (backup made with DVD X Copy or original) playback just fine. On the other system, DVD playback is inverted.

Any idea? Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2002
  3. FLcfh1977

FLcfh1977 Member

Hello,

I discovered something that may be of use, but I have not played with the idea enough to verify. Ok, so what am I talking about? After some extensive searching I found something on the web about a conflict with the DivX G400 codec... However, there is a config utility for this particular codec in the Nimo pack. Play around, and see if this will help you.

4. lucmarcil

lucmarcil Member

Hi,

I had read somewhere else that someone cured this problem by installing WinDVD 4. So, I tried this and it worked! The only thing is that WinDVD is on a trial basis and I will need to purchase it at some point... So, in fact, this is only a temporary solution.

There has to be some setting or some codec that can be fixed without having to purchase another product... I tried installing the Nimo pack but it did not solve the inversion problem.

Thanks and Best Regards!