1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing DVD Covers?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by aut0psy, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shabbaguy

shabbaguy Guest

Can any advise where I can buy dvd box set jewel cases for 4-8 dvd's. Also, has anyone any thought on printind box set covers???
    J

2. actech

actech Regular member

shop4tech or usplastic have multidisk cases.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Nephilim- okay if I understand you right you just download & print the cover no sizing no turning or tweaking ? and no templates is that right ? Also I am using standard size 8.5 X 11 paper (bright white -112 brightness ) and the images come out clear and bright should I use longer paper? thanx my friend Nephilim and peace & happy burning!

4. movilover

movilover Member

You can also get the original dvd case inserts from this site www.dvdreplacementcovers.com

5. westbrom

westbrom Guest

nero cover design is bang on, and i use cd/dvd print for my discs the silver full faced dvds are the best ( look like hollagram )

boing boing baggies baggies

6. cityrun

cityrun Member

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cityrun EZYINKJETS.COM has a Bulk ink tank system for the epson R200/300 printers as well as several other epson printer models and the price maybe cheaper than the system your using now - Have'nt used the system myself -yet as I don't have a model that this system fits. But I have used their generic cartridges for My Epson CX-5200 all in one Scanner /printer /copy device and can attest to it being excellent - and way cheaper than Epson branded cartridges - They have 100percent gaurantee and most times free shipping ! they also occasionally run special sales which are like 30percent off with free shipping ! I buy the Generic Epson Cartridge pack for my CX-5200 which consist of 3 black cartridges and 2 ea. of CYAN,Magenta.&yellow ! regular price for this here is 35.55 which is cheaper than I can buy epson ink locally - @ samsclub $48.00 for 1 black & 1 ea. CYAN ,Magenta,Yellow! with the 30 percent off and free shipping it's like $23.00 to 25.00 dollars way cheaper! they also sell the cartridges individually and for other brands of inkets and toner and supples for laser printers as well ! And no should anyone ask I don't work for them I'm a blue collar man, Just thought you and the other afterdawners would be interested! Ciao ! peace & hapy burning!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  8. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

Best I have seen so far is Fellows Neato labeling system-$20
    Prints any label for cd & dvd--In most cases it is best to spend the$
    & buy their blank labels. Also included cd & DVD label applicator

9. jessiec

jessiec Guest

I'm using NERO COVER DESIGNER too - can't figure out how to write sideways on the index sleeve or whatever ya call it. The slim part which is visible when the DVD is filed away with scores of others..

Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone else get outline text, rather than full bodied text?

Thanks.

10. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

I use CD/DVD Jewel & Label case designer from AMF Software, which are series of templates to add-on to MS Word. Very good

11. jessiec

jessiec Guest

'can't figure out how to write sideways on the index sleeve or whatever ya call it.'

I figured out how to write on spine. First select ARTISTIC TEXT TOOL. Type your words in. Then click TEXT BOX TOOL and a dotbox will appear around your typed words, including a little curvy arrow which you can use to rotate text.

Still getting outline text, rather than full bodied text unfortunately.

12. classfour

classfour Member

With some label kits (i.e. Neato) Memorex Expressit SE is included. It may be available for download. It has the ability to print labels and CD or DVD covers.

13. jessiec

jessiec Guest

figured out the outline text thing in Nero. First select ARTISTIC TEXT TOOL. Type your words in. Then click TEXT BOX TOOL and a dotbox will appear around your typed words, right click and go into PROPERTIES and then into BRUSH.

You have to change the fill colour to, well, to whatever you like.

By default, it's filled with nothing!

Figured it out in the end... NERO's help file won't install for me, so it took a while.

14. SmokeyVol

SmokeyVol Guest

I use the software that came with my EPSON R200 "Print CD" I think?!?!? It's on my other PC.

15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I used to use Nero to print my covers...... but when I joined AD everyone recommended not to put paper covers on the DVDs! I found out, personally, that some of my old DVDs that I put paper labels on the DVD don't work properly anymore! I went out and bought the Epson R320 that prints on a printable DVD! I am currently waiting for my first order of Taiyo Yuden white inkjet hub printable DVD+Rs! Can't wait to get them! I tested it out with the sample CD disk that came with the printer and it works great! Can't tell the difference from the original disk! I get my covers from:
    http://covers.to/index.php the quality looks great!

16. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I tried printing a cover using Nero Cover designer and I was dissappointed. It cut out about 1cm of the cover and now text is missing. I figure, it is not compatible with my printer or something. I would have to drag the cover to the right outside of the template to get it to print the entire cover.

From now on, I will use Photoshop CS2 for printing.

17. labeldude

labeldude Guest

The Fellowes/Neato labeling system is all you need. It comes with the MediaFace 4 program which allows you to print your labels for your dvds as well as the inserts for the dvd case itself. You can also get dvd case booklets which go inside the dvd case! You can buy some additional labels and/or dvd case inserts or booklets from www.neato.com.

18. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

You don't want a labelling kit if it includes stick-on type labels, stay away. You want printable DVD's.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  19. forkndave

forkndave Member

I second that.

20. Bruce999

Bruce999 Regular member

>>>>I use an Epson R300 printer and I don't have to tape anything to the paper to make it longer. It prints the full label whether I use 8.5 X 11" paper or A4 paper. With A4 paper the label doesn't even come close to the edge of the paper. It's just that the labels are just a little shorter than what I would like. I've tried several label programs and different printers, so I guess that's how long they're supposed to be. <<<<

Hmmm... there are many who would suggest that the labels should be precisely the right size for the cover you are inserting it into. If not, then something is incorrect, and this is easily correctable.

One method... if the problem is your printer (and the fact that it cannot print all of the way to the very edge of a sheet of paper, which is true of MOST printers), you can simply buy a ream of legal size paper. Then, tell your software program that you are using legal size paper, and you will find that the print job can be precisely the size you wish it to be. Use a good ruler, and then use the software to re-size the image to match, and then just hit print.

Often, when I buy a new batch of DVD cases, I find that I must re-adjust the sizing I am using, since they can vary from one manufacturer to the next, and even from one batch to the next. In fact, the size of the area where the clear plastic overlay has been "bonded" to the actual case can vary enough to cause your covers to need re-sizing, every time you buy a new batch.

Regardless, there is no good reason to have to compromise on the correct sizing of your covers. Experiment a bit, and read how others solved your issue. My method is actually one of a few that people use.

-Bruce

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.