1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. joschez

joschez Regular member

That's funny Achilles3, [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  2. Spr0cket

Spr0cket Member

So I get the point that without ftp it is not possible to copy a game to the computer... but lets say my friend can do it... is it possible for me to download the file from him and then burn it to a DVD?
    \
    This isn't a question about copying wit ha burner... its about BURNING it with a burner...

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

That's right, FTP via a network or directly to the PC. Once you have that .iso file created and on your PC it can be back'd up to to a DvD for use.

But let's think logically about your question; unless you and your friend are on a network. The only way you'll get the file from him is by saving it to a device or blank media (i.e. external hdd, pen drive, DVD-R) So to go through all of that, just ask him to back it up to a blank DvD for yah and save yourself some trouble. Just my opinion, not trying to be a smart a$$ by any means, GOOD LUCK!!

4. CaperPC

CaperPC Guest

Burn Burn Burn...haha

5. Paintbal

Paintbal Member

dude, just freaking go to google and type in xbox emulator, there are a shit load of em. and u guys thought u knew everything. lol. this is the one thing that i dont know how anybody could miss.

6. speedybot

speedybot Member

this may end alot of arguing here, you can play xbox on pc , you can burn an image file but not with nero, or alcohol but with a program called xISO(www.yursoft.cjb.net) i have used it for burning xbox game images for using with an emulator, Xeon to be precise

Description:

Xeon is an X-Box emulator for the PC. Currently it supports one
    commercial game, and support for more will be added in the future
    along with other features.

Instructions:

Extract all of the files to some directory. You will need an ISO
    image of the game you want to run. Since ISO reading is not
    implemented yet, you will need to use a tool such as xISO
    (www.yursoft.cjb.net) to extract all of the files in the ISO. Make
    sure to preserve the directory structure inside the ISO file when
    extracting. Start up Xeon.exe and select File->Load XBE.
    Navigate to the directory where you extracted the ISO and select
    the default.xbe file. You can also supply the XBE filename as a
    command-line argument to Xeon.exe and it will be loaded automatically.

i hope this can be useful to someone

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Woah!!! Slow down speedybot...If I'm not mistaken this forum was to help people burn Xbox back-ups for play in their Xbox. So just to set the record straight, Yes you can use Nero for that process and/or Alcohol 120%.

As for emulators, which "Is not what this forum was intended for", yes there are some out. You are correct and again you're right on the issue of the emulators being able to play one commercial game so far. Two I know of are Xeon and Cxbx. Long story short, both have made equal progress. One game capability!

Now please guys...let's keep this thread about what the title of it is so when other members get here, they are not confused. Please no hard feelings guys, I'm just trying to hold together the integrity of the thread.

If you have a question that pertains to xbox and ps2 games dealing with how to back them up (burn)...please post...
    Reply to thread: How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Happy Father's Day!!!

8. RedKronic

RedKronic Member

hi I am planning on getting an xbox and i need some help on backing-up my games. I am all new to these things so please help me step by step. If u want to email me thats ok to: Kf21291@gmail.com and 1 more question can u play xbox games with DVD+Rs or only DVD-Rs cause i been hearing alot about these stuff like not working plz reply thanks...

9. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

OMG THIS THREAD IS STILL OPEN! i posted when this thread was more "fresh" in october of 2004. well anyways i came here to see if there was finally a solution. i noticed RedKronic's post. RedKronic ur obviously new to the forums. ok u have to read the rules. start a new threads for a new topic, and no email adresses. nothin else to say sorry. too lazy to read all the posts.

10. blobby247

blobby247 Guest

can anybody help ive downloaded xbox games but cannot get them off harddrive only the ones that come down as iso i am running alcohol 120 to take off the iso games but cant retrive the others

11. gusjac

gusjac Guest

uniique1, could you let me know what the settings are when using Nero to copy XBOX games from my PC

12. BiGsAl

BiGsAl Guest

i will let you guys on a secret....
    i dont mean to be an a$$ but shit dude you will not,have not,never have,never will,only in your dreams.........burn a XBOX GAME FROM ANY STUPID MAGIC SOFTWARE LIKE NERO,ALC120,XBOX2DVD,XBOXRIPPER,DVDDECRYPTER........WILL NEVER BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL GAME FROM YOUR PC DVD DRIVE.I DONT care abought "i have done it but dont remember how i did "sorry buddy but you wont forget shit like that..get thru that big fat head of yours..if you did do that ..go get a patent on whatever you did and market the secret and i will be the first 1 to buy it from you bill gates...
    no hard felling s but dude you need evo-x ,ftp,crossover cable,a dashboard...but there are guides here sport .........much love and shouts out to afterdawn staff and senior mentors with out yall will would not exist.....

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

BiGsAl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't speak for everyone else in the forum but if you read MY POST, I've listed nothing of the sort. The tutorials I've provided is the process of backing up games via FTP after creating ISO files.

READ THOROUGHLY B 4 U COMMENT...I'm not trying to be an a$$, I'm just making sure you realize where my intent is within this forum.

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

15. gusjac

gusjac Guest

So what do i need to do to have a good working copy of a PS2 game, I have a CD bruner and a DVD burner. I have Alcohol 120%, Nero, DVD Dycrpter. What am I missing. I am a virgin when it comes to this. Do I need to have anything done to the PS2 console?????

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I don't do Playstation so don't quote me but I have read and heard from others that it is possible to place a PS2 game in your DvD Drive and make a back-up. I've heard the program to use (one that may be good) is Alcohol 120 so it seems you're on the right track. I believe there are other forums dedicated to just PS2 games that can answer this.

17. gusjac

gusjac Guest

So I know I can copy PS2 games with Alcohol 120%, Nero and DVD dycrypter. My ????? is do I need to install any chip on the PS2 console, can someone shed some light

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

The very first thing your post said was, "So what do i need to do to have a good working copy of a PS2 game"...then you wrote what you had. You never stated you had accomplished the burn.

But your PS2 will have to be modded. View threads within the site. THIS IS NOT THE ONE FOR THAT QUESTION.

Reply to thread: How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

If you can't find it, you might wanna start your own thread.

19. Paintbal

Paintbal Member

looks like you dont know everything archilles3. Thanks you guys for helping explain and show that you can do it threw emulators, that archilles3 thought didnt even exist.

20. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

People,People o not again! use Mod1/2048! I can not work in these conditions!