1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insert picture into post - see here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/196253

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by moser2006, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Do I have
    stay logged on to imageshack for it to stay?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it could be just your browser....... you don't have to stay online for it to be showing up in the forums!

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I missed that part of it. I should have looked closer. However we do it differently. Since AD supplies the tags, I insert the [b]Direct[/b] link. It's been working since I started AD.

Shardel
    Looking good. As IHoe mentioned the images exist where you store them. The AD board programming and your browser pick them up where they're stored. The forum doesn't store the images. If no one is looking, it's still at imageshack. Deleting the source at Imageshack means it doesn't show anywhere (there has to be a stored image). Just some of the magic of computers. Some sites don't like people borrowing their bandwidth, but as IHoe said ImageShack is free for the purpose, so use it as much as you please, most people do.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  4. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Thanks Ihoe and Pacman777. That's why I like this site so much. When
    there isn't a book available, the guides are such a huge help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL Were you the one who blew up the experiment in my Organic class? Just kidding, there appears to be a bad "cook" in every class. Glad I was wearing the goggles and lab coat. Flying glass still got me on the neck (nothing serious, a pair of tweezers and a helpful lab partner were all I needed).

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

nice layout ihoe

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm happy to please....... just giving back what I got from Afterdawn.......

8. FredBun

FredBun Active member

ihoe, I want to give your advise a shot, I joined imageshack, I have one pic in it, it says my pic is 640x480 and 190kb, I think thats over the limit on our forum rules, ours are I think 500x200 50kb, how to I change my pic spec's before I try to make a post with my pic.

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@FredBun.......if you want to use a pix in your signature then there are the forum rules to live by...... and if you need to reduce the size of your picture then you need to use an image editing software program to change the size. There are many programs out there.... I have 3. Mostly I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and Adobe Photoshop CS3. In those programs you open your photo .... then hit IMAGE/RESIZE/IMAGE SIZE and there you can set your dimensions. I hope this helps.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Fred IHOE gave great advice but if you don't have the progie he mentions then the following link has some great stuff to try and it's FREE. :)

link to faststone products

The photo resizer progie is great and very easy to use. Give it a try and see what you can do. :) If you need any help just post here or PM me for anything buddy. :D

.....gm

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Pay attention to the options and you can resize the pics when you load them on imageshack. No extra software needed.

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

how true!

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I finally loaded a pic, I pm'd myself, I used imageshack, I was so damn happy I wanted to go outside and set off fireworks.

Before I go on, I want to greatly thank Pacman, Greensman for pm'ing me in the past with advise on this subject, and also Ihoe's layout, I re-read pacmans, greensman advise together with Ihoe's, studied all carfully and finnaly got it, I know this is not a big thing to most, but to me it was, for so long I could not figure it out. I am beside myself with happyness lol.

I still have a question that puzzles me, ok, because I was still not sure about the limit size is of course why I pm'd myself instead of posting a pic on a thread so not to anger anybody, the pic I sent was 640x480, with shack I went and used it smallest setting, a thumbnail 130x113, but the byte still said 15940 bytes, now correct me if I'm wrong, I think the rules state a limit of 500x200 and nothing over 50b, and thats were I'm still confused, I went with the smallest setting with shack but cant figure out how to limit myself with 50b.

Either I'm misunderstanding something or just not doing something right, also the limit of 500x200 it looks to me like a goofy setting, nothing shack has that comes close to that, e.g. shack has a setting for 320x240, but the 240 is over AD's limit is it not, plus the byte would be way over, so this is where I'm still confused, I would love to post a pic on a thread one time, but don't want to screw-up and get jumped on, so yes I would appreciate some further help, and again, thanks to everybody.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

16. FredBun

FredBun Active member

pacman, alright, so I was in the safe zone all along just didnt know it, thanks, I also checked out the site you posted, very intersting.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Fred,
    I'm just glad to be a part of someone's happiness. Glad you finally got an image "added" to a post. WELL let's see something buddy. We've all been waiting for months and you only post something with words. ;)

....gm

Good luck with the images!! :D

18. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Good for you Fred. It's a good feeling when you finally get it right.
    These guys are really great at helping those of us that want to
    learn.

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

[​IMG]
    I dont kmow if this will work, but I'm giving it a shot.

20. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hot damn, that was my first pic in a post, I hope to hell its not an illegal size, if it is somebody tell me right away please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.