1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox ISO image tooo Big!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bob333, Dec 8, 2004.

1. bob333

bob333 Member

hi please could someone help me.
    I have an ISO file too big to fit on a standard dvd(4.7GB). The file is 6.20 GB. i tried burning it to a dual layer cd. It did burn fine but tried it in the xbox and it does not reconize the disc. Is there anything i can do with this file? is there any way i can put it on a 4.7 GB dvd. Please help
    Thanks

2. bob333

bob333 Member

just to ADD
    My xbox does have a mod chip installed and fully working

3. FullySik

FullySik Guest

try a dual layer dvd

4. FullySik

FullySik Guest

sorry bout that i wasnt thinking "try a dual layer dvd" (lol) wat i was meant to say is u probably didnt burn it properly and wat was the file.
    did u make it an iso and did u burn it as an image using nero6

5. bob333

bob333 Member

i used alcohol 120% and the Iso is correct and proper. the game has lots of video footage thats why its as big as this. i burnt the image with this software and it burnt succefully but xbox does not read this dual layer dvd for some reason. i have done these backup games quite alot before and all a success but they have always been small enough to fit on a 4.7 GB.

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

First of all what game is it? and if you don't use xbox live you can extract the files back to their normal state and delete the dashupdate.xbe and downloader.xbe files to reduce the size. Visit this site and look up the game to see what files can be deleted.
    http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/index.php?page=aclhelp

7. bob333

bob333 Member

its called the guy game. 6.2 GB. I got the files un-winrared them and now left with 1 ISO file and thats it as i have deleted the winrar files and parities to save HD space. I dont go on xbox live. I am not familiar with deleting any files please could you help me.
    kindest regards
    Bob

8. bob333

bob333 Member

Please please please somebody must no the answer please.

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You unrared it right?

If it's a Xbox Live game, then delete these three files:

update.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    dashupdate.xbe

Get rid of those.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  10. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

LOL, now that we know what game it is, no one is going to help. don't even bother with that poor excuse for a game, you're not missing a thing! you're better off sitting there and watching the grass grow instead of playing the game guy =Þ

11. bob333

bob333 Member

Yes it is unrared and the files you have mentioned have been deleted. Thanks for the comment......

and thanks [bold]t-traxxx Junior Member[/bold]

A great help you were.

12. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Can someone confirm me with this? As far as I know, all xbox come with a single layer single density DVD drive. Can someone explain here how a single layer drive reads a double layer disc?

13. bob333

bob333 Member

they cant be single layer.impossible as they plays dvd movies and, as we all know, some of these are dual layer. the majority these days.

14. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Do you know how big a movie is in a DVD? Do you how much a single layer DVD disc can store?

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The Xbox DVD Drive isn't single layer. It's double layer and Xbox Games are on Double Layer discs (they can store up to 9.5 gb).

16. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

All dvd drives are designed to read dual layer discs.
    There must be something wrong with the disc you created.
    Those DL writable discs are expensive, how much did you spend on the disc?
    I have the Guy game on my xbox harddrive.Just deleting the xbox live files isn't going to make it fit on a single layer dvd.The game's not that bad.It's basically a trivia game where this guy asks questions to young women at spring break in florida.If they get the questions right, they keep there top on.If they get them wrong, off goes the top and they shake there titties.You pick whether they're going to get answers right or not and you also guess on some of the answers
    to the questions.The more points you get, the more skin you get to see.
    You can extract the iso and FTP it to your xbox HDD.I wouldn't risk a DL disc on the game though.

17. bob333

bob333 Member

The DL disc cost me 5 english pounds. I have got my hands on another version of the guy game which it was said it was split onto 2 disc's. So i thought great this on will wor,k it did not work. Although i have noticed in the Xbox memory that its put a guy game file in there. Anyone know why the game does not work on my machine?? My machine is PAL but has an xecuter 2.6 chip in it. I think it might that this particular game has alot of DVD footage on and because my machine is PAL and the game is NTSC it wont play. But most of the games i have are NTSC and they play fine in the XBOX. Can anyone give me any answers. Thanks