1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert subtitles in DivX movie

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by dvmarques, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Dadagori

Dadagori Member

Hello again everybody,

Thanks for your answers, I could do that using VirtualDub and VobSUb but...

When I finished the dubbing and played the AVI file I notices a gap between the video and the audio, gap of 2 seconds approx...anybody knows how to solve this? If possible since the very beginning, because I dont want to be compressing once more...the subtitles were ok, at the time they were supposed to be displayed.

I hope somebody can help me,
    Thanks,
    Luis.

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

You may have to demux the audio and video and then mux it back after it has been subbed. Sorry, but you will probably have to do this process over again. You can do demux/mux with VirtualDubMod.
    Here is a guide explaining it: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/extract_ac3_from_avi.cfm
    if it gives you two files, an ac3 and an avi, they should be separate audio and video streams. you should probably sub the video only stream and then mux the audio back to the video.

3. DayRipper

DayRipper Member

the easiest way i found for embedding permanent subtitles is to rip with dvddecrypter in"ifo" mode then encode with auto gordian knot, have not had any problems with it.

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

yes, that is a much better way, but only if you are ripping directly from a DVD.

5. ulaoulao

ulaoulao Member

how do you get a sub file that only gives you the subs when the movie talks in another language?

Do you actuly have to edit a sub file?

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Most movies will have forced subs for that. Just enable forced subs in VSRip, VOBSub or whatever.

7. ulaoulao

ulaoulao Member

I dont see force sub in vobsub, I'm using the plugin. But that is where I would see it?

8. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

[​IMG]
    VSRip when creating VOBSubs.

[​IMG]
    Directvobsub for during playback. Note I was using graphedit, so things may look a little diffrent, but the main program dialog is the same.

[​IMG]
    Subrip for creating textsubs.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  9. Gecko642

Gecko642 Guest

I've been trying to get my philips dvp 642 to play external subtitles with no success. I have tried different file types, but here I am.

Anyway, I have an avi of Shaolin Soccer with the subtitles in a .txt file. Does anyone know hoe I can convert this into a text .srt file on embed it into the movie itself?
    Thanks

10. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

does the .txt file have these: 00:00:58,567 --> 00:01:03,641 all throught the file? if it does then you can just change the extension to .srt. If it doesn't then I have no idea how or even if you can get it to work.

11. Gecko642

Gecko642 Guest

yes the txt file did, and I tried changing it to .srt.... no good. All it gave me was a questionmark icon. Oh well

12. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

does the video play with the .srt file on your computer? if it does then read back several posts about using VirtualDub and VobSub to sync the subs to the video itself.