1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN XBOX PLAY PS2 GAMES???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by akuma69, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akuma69

akuma69 Member

hey i still haven't decided to get ps2 or xbox. but i am leaning towards a xbox because it has HD and i can run all the games from hardisk and also use it as a mp3 player and other stuff. i am still gonna miss tekkan and final fantasy ps2 games. but i am not gonna buy a console to play old games anyway. most new games come out on both consoles anyway with some exceptions. i heard my friend say that u can play ps2 games on xbox? is that true? i did see a thread saying that once a xbox is modded, u can run emulators in it. and if u can run emulators and maybe u can run ps2 emulators. i know pc has ps2 emulators. and since xbox is a pc, can it run ps2 games through emulators? would it run through emulators or directly? any help appreciated

2. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

it runs like 30FPSframerate...notworth it
    just play xbx games

3. akuma69

akuma69 Member

but is it possible? and how to get ps2 games to work on xbox? does it emulate or directly?/

4. Gabster

Gabster Member

ya I am wondering the same thing akuma!
    Some one answer the man!

5. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

i dont actually know if you can but even if it is slow they will still be working on it. so if they can in a month or so it should be really good. xbox is more powerfull then ps2 so if they know how to emulate it then xbox should be able to handle it just like a ps2 would.

6. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

For the last time NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS NOT POSSIBLE........sorry so many people ask that.

7. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Completely different formats, Xbox2 is likely to have better luck. Fingers crossed.

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Listen to Icarbutt!!
    lol Icarbutt dude you have answered this q about 20 times :)

9. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

lol, lcarbutt just ignore them in future bro. You're gonna start losing sleep this way...

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Yes it can what you need is to empty out your Xbox and take the case over to a PS2 and put the PS2 inside the Xbox case, do some cutting and viola! An Xbox that plays PS2 games.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  11. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

12. TheNymf

TheNymf Guest

alright here we go;

ive just made the damn account on this crappy forum (one of the many) too insure you, that the ppl wo wrote the shit before me are a bunch of ignorant fools. stupid idiots. ppl asking for emu's suck too, just search more. try google. your most inner friend.

for the icaru guy (or whatever) if you'r tired of posting answers, jump of a bridge do me a favour. try READING and UNDERSTANDING first. an modded Xbox can run LINUX. and you now what the biggest advantage of that is? YOU CAN PROGRAM IT FOOL. ps2 games can easily be run on an xbox, you just need brains, fingers and eyes. no modchip needed. softmod it. another stupid thing. everyone is buying an modchip 'cause it works! '

well f*ck them idiots too. SOFTMOD it you goddamn self. start a bussiness and stay cheap. all you need is a savepack, or usb to xbox connector cable. you can.

back to the story; there ARE ps2 emu's for pc. (open source) so, some fool wíth brains ported that. run the linux (dvd open) and install it (or make bootrom)
    no problem. anyone can do that. just stop making a fool out of yourself stfu and keep an eye open. just fusking google, emule it whatever you like

note: i just posted this cause the fools REALLY annoyed me like "noooo there will never be an working emu" when the emu was there BE-fusking-FORE the playstation 2 was sold.
    shut up if you dont know nothing, and if you're sure you really do, STAND UP, and stay anonymous.

p34c3

13. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Can someone delete this guys post.

Dude you need to chill.

14. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

well,The Nymf you're right with the LINUX part,but youre wrong with the softmod part.
    Softmod vs. Chipmod:
    1.Softmod is difficult.
    2.Softmod is unstable.
    3.Softmod hasn't got Chipmod's abilities.
    4.Softmod requires to get some things like mem card and shit which aren't worth it.

15. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Thats a Hell of a Signature.

16. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

So to translate this into simpler language you're saying that ignorance is an intolerable offense but being an arrogant ass is fine as long as you have your facts straight. No wonder you don't like this forum.
    Right, because whenever you show up somewhere and start attacking people out of the blue they must owe you a favor or 2.
    Hey look we owe you owe you some more favors.
    Keep this up and we'll owe you so many favors we'll never catch up.
    It would have been nice if you had told us before what we're allowed to say in your forum - oh that's right it's not your forum.
    No, you posted this because you're an arrogant jerk who has all the courage required to verbally abuse people from the other side of a computer monitor. I don't care what you know. We don't have any need for people who come here to be abusive to our members. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

17. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

I do know what im talking about, YOU dont.
    1.YES you can install a ps2 emulator on your xbox via the PC method
    2.YES you can softmod your xbox
    3.NO you cant play ps2 games on your xbox

Q:But you just said you can install a ps2 emulator!
    A:Yes you can, but there is a very good reason why a ps2 emulator has not been proted to XBOX format. The xbox is NO WAY powerfull enough to cope with a ps2 emulator
    Q:But the xbox is more powerfull than the PS2 is it not?
    A: Yes it is and to tell you why the xbox can never ever play PS2 games I would have to go into detail............so heres the detail

Every system has it's own unique and different hardware. And each system has it's own individual coding methods and SDKs. So obviously you can't just play a PS2 game on the XBox and so on. Because the coding is different and written for a different set of hardware.

What an emulator does is recreates the specific hardware for another system with software. And then that software runs on the hardware of the host system. So just imagine for a second. Two systems that are just about on par with each other as far as speed goes. The only way to get full speed would be to have the true hardware for the system. Software could never hope to emulate a system that is close to the same speed as the host hardware. For a good example, think of hardware rendering vs software rendering...which is faster? The hardware of course.

Another way to think of it is when you put a game in your PS2, the game just runs right off the hardware. If you were trying to emulate it on the XBox, first it would go into the software and have it's code and commands changed to the native language of the XBox, and then that new code would be run. And being that the systems are so closely matched in speed, the emulation would be very, very, very unplayably slow

18. XboxWizz

XboxWizz Guest

Icar, can I ask you something, do you even know what an xbox is? Second thing, a pc can run ps2 games. Now to answer my own question. An xbox is a pc. Now from my own gaming experiances, it is possible to run an ps2 emulator on a softmodded box. Want proof? Come to my house and watch me play ps2. You really are an idiot.
    Nymf - 100% RIGHT
    You - 0% RIGHT

19. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I don't care who's right. I'll ban the next person to make a personal attack.

20. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

What are you guys getting all worked up for....? YOU CAN'T I REPEAT CAN'T PLAY PS2 GAMES ON XBOX. period. I think a moderator should close this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.