1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is the best Antivirus program

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Champ2005, Jan 25, 2005.

1. elliott

elliott Regular member

now I know why starbucks always knows I want a double shot capuccino with amaretto and whip cream.

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

I have to agree with ScubaBud totally...

I have Norton System Works 2005 on all 5 PC's i have at home. Yes AVG Free is a good AntiVirus program, but i prefer to use Nortons.

Working at an ISP, i have seen a range of different antivirus programs in use, such as VET, PC-Cillin, McAfee, Nortons, AVG, Avast etc..

But Norton's, i have never had a problem with at all, until i do, i will then stop using it.

CJC

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am also toying with Microsoft Anti spyware. Yes it is good. It does not take as long as others to scan. However it still misses. I let it soly control all my spyware for one month. Afterwich I ran Spybot and Adaware. 35 Items where found that MS spyware totaly missed. Also MY spyware tends to have problems removing some spyware. Such as ITS toolbar. It cant shake that one. I still say it is good since it is still an infant. Will be interesting to see it when its an adult. It still runs on my system but I do not rely on just it. I still run the other two from time to time.

-Del

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Corection to previous post. this line: Also MY spyware tends to have problems removing some spyware. Should read: Also MS spyware tends to have problems removing some spyware. Just woke up

-Del

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Currently I am using my isp's antivirus software, named Freedom Security...it is pretty good.

Used Norton Antivirus for awhile and that was good.

Don't like Zone Alarm Suite, too many freaking options...LOL!

But I will agree with most that the Microsoft Beta Program is REALLY good.

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Currently I am using my isp's antivirus software, named Freedom Security...it is pretty good.

8. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

9. elliott

elliott Regular member

Well I guess anti-virus protection is like designer jeans the more we pay for something more secure we feel about our choices. I prefer to spend my money on hardware and peripherals not on software that is over priced

10. GiantMike

GiantMike Regular member

is there anywhere you can download pc-cillin internet security 2005 for free ?

11. elliott

elliott Regular member

only at the homepage and it' a trial version or you could try ZDNET

12. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey...

What do you all think of downloading those security programs online.

Do you think they are secure, or do you think there might be something within them?

For example, if i download say.....ZONE ALARM SUITE from limewire, do you think it is safe to install?

I have a couple of them but not going to install them.

What do you all think?

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

for the record CJC i have had norton crash two times in two months and couldnt reactivate it after that so norton gave me my money back and i bought Trend Mirco PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 and love it. i will never use norton again its way overrated.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

venomX05 if i was you i wouldnt trust downloading it from limewire i would just go to the zonealarm site and download it there

15. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

NSW 2005
    NIS 2005
    Ad-Aware Pro
    Spybot S&D

Works for me...so far

16. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

LOL!!!

You must have been reading my mind aabbccdd.

I mean i download it, i just never install it, cause i know it has been "repackaged" but trying to look for away to scan the files to see if anything is "suspicious"

However, in the long run, it would be a better idea to just download it from the website.

Thanks for the info....

17. haji1

haji1 Guest

I think macaffee internet security is the best. The virus can is good and the spyware remover is great. Way better than norton, Its just a name which people fall for.

18. bardie

bardie Regular member

There are loads of antivirus programs around, everyone thinks the one they have is the best, but at the end of the day it's all about what you want to pay, how frequent updates are and what works best for you and your computer.

19. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've got computer associates and it is set up exactly like zone alarm. I've got the firewall and anti-virus and not a single issue.My subscription is about to run out so I was just checking out this thread for some tips.When I first bought it,it was on my spare pc and the size of computer associates was a heck of a lot smaller than norton and mcafee.

Yo venom05, what happened to the gif on your signature? Just got the red x. Same with weycraze.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  20. elliott

elliott Regular member

computer associates just sent me an email for a special 2 for 1 deal see if the offer it to you. In the meantime you can use AVG 7.0 FREE EDTION which is what I use and it is great and free ICSA LABS APPROVED.