Desktop pics (NO flesh pics though)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by geestar20, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Apparently some folks are unhappy that I shut this thread down. Well here's the deal..........

Part of being a moderator is to look out for the bigger picture. Our site represents a huge cross section of folks in general from Moms and Dads to little wee fellers not even out of grade school. Do we need to be plastering tits and ass all over the place time and again? We had our "Prettiest Girl" thread, everyone had fun and got to post pics of their dreamgirl and it was fun until it got out of hand with pics being posted that were far too revealing for our forums. I tried to keep things under control but it got to the point where I felt like I was pissing into the wind so I shut it down.

Our site gets literally thousands of visitors every day. Now if we half naked chicks plastered all over the place how does that make us look? How many folks have ultimately passed us up when it would've been great to have them aboard and share the fun with us? I deal with more than enough crap with swearing, flaming and piracy, I don't need to add smut finding to my list of daily duties here - I prefer to do that on my own time for myself :)

Now to part two.......

In the aforementioned "Prettiest Girl" thread a certain member and I clashed in a big way and we've clashed in several other threads over the same friggin issue and I can't conceive of any way to make my point any more clear to him than I already have on many occasions. Every time this user starts the same racket with the same broad I see it as a huge "F you! I don't give a rat's ass about what you said!" and every time it pisses me off more and more. I've brought up the ban console on this user twice but backed down hoping he would figure it out but here we are again. I was about to make a seriously nasty post tearing into him but common sense prevailed and I simply shut down the thread so I could cool off and be more rational.

So here we are. What are we to do guys and gals? I don't like to be the baddie but I've also a responsibilty to the site as a whole so if it means we can't drag an otherwise enjoyable thread into another beauty contest then so be it. I'm reopening this but I need cooperation from you folks in keeping this thread on track. I know it's easy to say "But such and such girl is my desktop so it works". No, it doesn't work. This thread got closed because of it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i 2nd what you say & said as i have posted such in this thread. you are not being a meanie but being realistic so choice is yours & above.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Fair do's man, I'll keep it clean. I was into this thread, and hand's up, I posted one picture which was a bit near the mark, but It was getting spoiled because let's face it, we all have our own girl that we admire. A thread over things like gurls is like a thread on music opinions - suicide :)

anyway.... to get the ball rolling once again, here's mine

[​IMG]

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Nephilim , i realize who you are refering too ME!!! , so if you feel you need to ban me over this i would be disappointed ,i was thinking of starting over when i got to 2499 (aDa) to make a point and iam about 125 post away from it.

i wasnt the only person to post girls in here and i did post other girls other than Adriana. you didnt come out and say NOT to post her anymore so i did and it was a bad choice on my end apperanty.i wasnt trying to be disrespectful to anyone ,and wasnt trying to throw it in your face, so i am sorry.

so in the mean time i will ban myself from this thread and if you feel you need to go futher thats your choice , i do feel my help in the dvd ripping,media ,software etc. threads are helpfull to alot of people but theres plenty others that can do it if i happen not to be here much longer i guess.

so peace out hope theres no hard feelings longterm man.

and for further notice just come out a say what you want and dont want us to post in threads like these and not leave it to guess ,because i really get tierd of some members whining about post that others and i see as ok. so NOW I KNOW!!!!!! end of story

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2005
  5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

aabbccdd - I think neph just got a bit pissed that we/you didn't listen....but I don't think you'll get a banning

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

well i hope not, i would like to think i am a little helpfull in here

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

does any one know the meaning of a drama queen.Think theres a few here ............

Neph was right as this thread was heading towards that area of poor taste.He just brought it back from the brink of destruction.

Dont you all think

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

would you like a canning instead .................lol

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

canning ...lol i dont get it , but its late

10. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Here's my latest desktop :

[​IMG]

11. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ aabbccdd......... ok, how bout just a swift kick in the a$$.... lol

12. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Daniel_G,

That desktop is AWESOME. Just had to post that. See, the girls as backgrounds (beleive me i had some posted as well ;) are great but you dont need them to have sweet desktops.

thanks for reopening Neph.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  13. Nephilim

All right folks let's get back on topic. This issue will finish being resolved via pm's.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah gear i guess i deserve it lol ,and i promised to behave from here on out!! and that inculds you to dvdback23 lol. oh BTW heres my new fav decktop pic iam thinking of buy a new Mustang GT soon

[​IMG]

whats your fav color there gear, i like the yellow ,red and black

15. gear79

gear79 Guest

yellow looks to much like a bumble bee, red is the most noticable (for getting speeding tickets in) statistics show, and black, well, is my choice, but a pain in the a$$ to keep clean, plus shows any little scratch, dirt, and swirl marks from waxing plus spider webbing.

the retro colors all suck, the puke green, the pale blue, and the ugly tan with a rag top.

go kameleon !!!!

16. Nephilim

Personally I think the yellow and black looks good on the new mustangs. Not many cars can pull off yellow well but this is one that does it well in my eyes :)

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yeah iam leaning towards the yellow , Ford calls it Screaming Yellow and with the black racing strips man oh man pretty cool

18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

@my friend aabbccdd (Alphabet): It is caning. Andmerr had the spelling wrong.

Caning means to beat the sh*t out of you with a cane. They do it in Singapore all of the time. Not a place that you want to visit.

Neph is a fair person, and there is no way that he is he going to ban you, because he knows that you are an important asset to the AD forums, and you will now refrain from posting those pictures.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ok Burce thanks guess its been awhile since i have heard that lol and yes we have things worked out fine and i will behave and BTW heres a good desktop pic of the Screaming Yellow 2005 Mustang GT

[​IMG]

20. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ aabbccdd........ you seen the Roush and Saleen models yet? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my choice is the Roush
    i now the pics are quite large, but when they are small, you cant see any detail they have, but i will resize if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2005