1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protection-read failed because sector is encrypted

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by p5yco, Feb 13, 2005.

1. jka80

jka80 Member

I got the same error today. In my case, I couldn't even play the movie (Lady Killers) with Power DVD or use DVDShrink with that particular movie. So I disabled Region Killer and tried playing the movie again with Power DVD and the dialog came up requesting me to set the region (for the first time I might add) and I did set it for region 1 (usa). Since the DVD Rom Drive region was already set to region 1, this request I am guessing was software related.

After doing that, I was able to play the movie with Power DVD and rip it with DVD Shrink regardless of whether or not Region Killer was enabled.

2. Heeeeeee

Heeeeeee Guest

im having the same problems with "fear and loathing in las vegas" first error i got was WHILE ENCODING: it was at 90% complete and it then failed and gave me a data cycle redundancy check error. that was on my pc using a toshiba dvd-rom drive. now i am using a laptop (dvd/cd-rw drive) , it is analyzing, and it gets to 23%. the first time it got to 23% it gave me a data cycle redundany check error but now it got to 23% it gave me a copy protection-read failed because sector is encrypted error. wtf is going on? i am using dvd shrink 3.2 and i get those errors....i tried to use dvd decrypter but it says the iso file is around 7 gigs!!!! doesn't it compress the file like dvd shrink? any help would be great! thanks! :)

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Use Decrypter in file mode instead of ISO then open the files up in Shrink to compress the movie.. If you need a little help with that process check out the second guide at my website yhe link is in my signature..

Good luck