1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i burn VBR files?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Anthony7, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

How do i burn a VBR file onto a DVD? I have Nero and Winavi Video Converter, but none of them can convert VBR files? Are there any softwares that can do this? or change it into mpg or avi formats so i can use my Winavi video converter to switch it to DVD format. Thanks in advance
    anthony

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

VBR just means Variable BitRate. So a VBR file could be just about anything. Perhaps you mean rmvb?

3. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Thanks for the reply but i'm not sure which format it is. When i click on the file and go to properties it says RealAudio / RealVideo VBR. It could be a RMVB file since i can only watch it with real player. I have another question, why is it that sometimes when i tried to convert a RMVB file with winavi video converter to mpeg, it wont let me. It says "unable to the source" whereas some other RMVB files can be converted successfully.

4. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Thanks for the reply but i'm not sure which format it is. When i click on the file and go to properties it says RealAudio / RealVideo VBR. It could be a RMVB file since i can only watch it with real player. I have another question, why is it that sometimes when i tried to convert a RMVB file with winavi video converter to mpeg, it wont let me. It says "unable to the source" whereas some other RMVB files can be converted successfully.

5. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

6. kcywl

kcywl Member

I had experienced this problem with using the winavi. Just rename the vbr file (and move to other folder, will be better) and start your converting. I can work it out by this way.