1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XVid pictires won't fit on a 4.7 GB disc

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by k0k0m0, Mar 3, 2005.

1. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hi.

I'm following the excellent guide provided to back up my XVid movie onto a DVD.

I've followed every step on the guide but when I'm on TMPG Encoder's last step (Bitrate settings) I can't seem to fit 1 1/2 hours of movie onto an empty disk.

I've selected Video resolution to 720*480, the audio bitrate is 384, but the % of disk capacity is always near 150% and there is no way to make it less than 100%! I've tried it but I cannot.

The movie is on NTSC, audio is MP3, and although the movie is in 16:9 I've decided not to use that option on the wizard and selected plain DVD on the first step.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I don't use TMPEGENC, but how low will it let you go in setting the video bitrate?

3. suede1976

suede1976 Guest

yes, you need to strip the audio from the avi using virtualdub. open avi in virtual dub, then select save as wav. when you are back in tmpgenc, for audio source select your .wav file. this will fix your problem.

4. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Thanks for the cool info guys.

One dumb question, How do you exactly strip the audio in virtualdub?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think I have an easier way you may want to try. The guide is at my website (link in sig) its called Convert AVI to DVD and everything you need is in the guide. Best of all it is all free.. :)

6. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Thanks bbmayo, it sounds easy...