1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

elektra

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thang1, Apr 5, 2005.

1. thang1

thang1 Guest

hi

Trying to make a backup of a dvd I just brought call "Elektra" with dvdshrink it and dvdecytor. I have anydvd on but it not working. Anyone have this same problem and know how to fix this.

thank

t

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

hi

so are you getting an error? What error message are you getting? Or does it finish the burn and then just not play? Are you using the newest AnyDVD?

3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hey thang,
    Man you gotta provide more info. Give it to us, the whole nine yards, then maybe we can work this thang out for ya.
    HW.

4. l3igl3ang

l3igl3ang Guest

im haveing the same problem i used dvd shrink and clonedvd2 it gets %40 then crashes ive also tryed vob blanker got it on the hdd but cant get shrink to shrink it

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@l3igl3ang

is it the out of memory error? Got about 1.7 GB or so in buffer but only like 380 MB on hard drive? Try ripping with DVD Decrypter first or use AnyDVD in the background. Make sure they're the latest versions too.

[Edit]Since I just noticed that you said you already have it on the hard drive, try this: In DVD Shrink use Reauthor mode, select just the main movie, and change your start frame to somewhere past the black screen at the very beginning. If you got the out of memory error, this should fix it too.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I did that one last night-region 1- using just dvd shrink and nero for main movie only.I also edited out some of the beginning and ending credits.

thang1,turn anydvd off and give it a try.

7. l3igl3ang

l3igl3ang Guest

@ SUNGMON what version dvd shrink u useing cause i used both beta 5 and 3.2 w/o anydvd and wont get past %40 and i had it on my hdd useing vob but i del it :( so im trying dvd dycpter now after its down do i use shrink on it ? to make it smaller

8. l3igl3ang

l3igl3ang Guest

well just used dvd dycpter got it on the hdd but still no luck dvd shrink wont read it says theres a bad vots_6_6vob file and cloncecd2 wont real it says its a bad allocation well im stumped must be some new protactions there makeing for the new moives :mad:

9. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

I just finished the movie ..... just used dvd shrink 3.2 as I did not notice that my anydvd was shut down. You might have a dirty disk or a defective one. I would check there first.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I3ig: I agree with bassnut. I also used dvd shrink 3.2 and nero 6 version 3 on my spare pc. You've probably got a bum,pressed disc.

Ever since "the grudge" messed up one of my backups on the beginning of the main movie only. I recall the sector around LADY LIBERTY had something different about it and it messed up quite a few members backups in that same spot. That's why when I reauthor, I take out the trademark logos and start the movie after that spot- like lady libery on the columbia movies-as well as my future backups.

Since you got it on your hard drive, try re-author, and edit out that beginning crap on the trademark.

11. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

I just backed it up with SHRINK with no problems.
    Make sure your software is up to date.

Regards,
    DS

12. l3igl3ang

l3igl3ang Guest

i used the newest dvd dycpter and then shrinked it off the hdd worked like a charme :) i dont see how u guys can use shrink cause i have shrink 3.2.0.15 and only way it works is ripping the whole movie to the hdd then shrinking it from there it wont let me stright from the disk.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Had trouble copying Elektra the other night. Shrink threw a fit near end of analysis phase 2 or 3 times, even after cleaning. Bottom of disc had a few scratches, but got there by using decrypter to grab all files off; Shrink then complained about one of the VOB files, 'data error' i think which is pretty damn close to a CRC check. So.. not to be beaten ran all files thru Vob Blanker for a laugh. This took a while but appeared to work. Then i could Shrink just the movie. Burnt & watched the film thru 100%. cracking film too btw.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i did the movie using DVD X Copy Platinum with anydvd running in the background worked perfect, i did just the movie no trailers or previews.