1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good BIOS for XBOX 1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by 4bms3, Apr 21, 2005.

1. 4bms3

4bms3 Member

Hi! Just wondering if someone can recommend a good BIOS for 1.6. Also, can one tell the difference between 1.6 and 1.6b? I installed a Spice and can't get any video or audio on my TV despite the fact that all of the proper LEDS are lit up. I'm thinking maybe there is no BIOS on the chip or it's pooched. Thanks in advance!!

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

flash your chip with the new x2 bios...it is compatible with 1.6 xbox's.

(do not flash with x2 4983...there is a brand new x2 bios out, but i can't remember the numbers)

3. 4bms3

4bms3 Member

Thanks... I'll give that a shot!! Any idea where I can find that? Is that the Xenium 2 BIOS? Sorry... I'm a real newbie here....

4. 4bms3

4bms3 Member

One more question... will I be able to flash the bios without being able to see the screen? Does it require input on my behalf? Thanks again!

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Yup, the new X2 5028 bios is compatible with 1.6 Xbox's or you could use the EvoxM8_16:)) You can find them from the usual places...cheers

6. shion

shion Member

i have the same problem.. can anyone tell me how fixed.. no audio no video, no eject and turn it green it try to start 3 times. but no audio etc..

7. nohespi

nohespi Member

Hallo 4BMS3,

I'm a newbee too, owning a x-box 1.6 since 2 weeks.

I've the smart xx-lt-opx modchip installed, and flashed the old chromwell-bios (which ist NOT designed for version 1.6). There is not a nice resolution on the screen, but it's sufficient, to undertake other experiments.

Some problems I had with my DVD-drive Hitachi-LG 8050L, which read no burned CD's, but DVD's. I experimentally deadjusted to potentiometers on the laser unit, now it's reading self-burned CD's (but no DVD's)...

I'also like to know the difference between 1.6 and 1.6b

Norbert