1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L-EC Uncorrectable Error and missing VTS_03_9.VOB

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by manesh, May 14, 2005.

1. manesh

manesh Member

I am ripping/backing a DVD using DVD Decrypter 3.5 and DVD Shrink 3.2, with Microsoft XP ( So I guess IFOEdit is ruled out?)

The first error message is - L-EC Uncorrectable Error. Does this mean the DVD is scratched? It plays ok on the computer and stand alone DVD player.

The second problem is DVD Shrink is asking for VTS_03_9.VOB, but this file is not present on the original DVD. Tried also with "Overlapped I/O operation" disabled. Is it an encryption problem?

Appreciate assistance in resolving the issues and pointing in the right direction.

---------------------------
    DVD Decrypter
    I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DW-U12A 2.0d (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 0F DC A0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 1039520

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 0F DC A0 12 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 8A 01 00 00
    Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    Abort Retry Ignore

DVD Decrypter
    Delete Incomplete File?

D:\MONOKE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_2.VOB
    Yes No

DVD Shrink 3.2
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Failed to open file "D:\MONOKE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_9.VOB"

Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

OK

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you try ripping in iso mode with dvd decrypter on default settings from install?

also do you have any apps running in the background like anydvd?

3. manesh

manesh Member

Hi Rotary, thanks for the response, this is what I found:
    1. DVD Decrypter ISO Mode also didn't work. It gave an error at 25%, and had to abort it.
    2. No AnyDVD was not running in the background.

I then tried DVD Rebuilder with CCE Basic with one *VOB corrupt file. It went fine, just took ages. I have not checked how the movie's turned out... I am d'ld Folder2ISO. Want to convert the DVD Rebuilder files to ISO image so I can use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO image. I will let you know what happens.., don't have Nero Burning ROM.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dvdRB / cce read the dvd? ok, dvd dercypter has a tab to ignore errors and carry on, was that like RB it skipped error?

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you could try vol blanker, free d/load; i've used it a few times for problems such as this..

6. manesh

manesh Member

Rotary: dvd-rb didn't notice the error...went through fine, the Folder2ISO also went fine, dvd-d said successfully completed operation, and i got a toaster!

i tried another dvd- hp-prisoner of azkaban- dvd-d couldn't decrypt, AnyDVD did it though. using dvd-d for reading the file- in both File as well ISO mode gave the same error- L-EC Uncorrectable Error. This time left it alone, did not proceed by 'ignore error'. I am going to try a couple of more dvd's to see what the problem is and post the results..but what is L-EC Uncorrectable error? any ideas. I have backed up and burned dvd's before and this thing's kinda new...

creaky : thanks for the tip...have tried the blanker thing but dvd-d didn't recognize... hmmm...

could this be a dvd reading/burner issue? it plays ok, but reading/burning data is the question. also is dvd-d not able to work around the 'newer' encryption techniques?

thanks for the help guys, and also want to especially want to mention ScubaPete whose guides have been like a religious text...

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  8. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

creaky,

Where does one find "vol blanker"? I did not see it here, unless I missed it.

TIA,

Rich

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

10. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

arniebear,

No wonder I couldn't find it.

Many thanks,

Rich

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Your welcome

12. manesh

manesh Member

managed to do some more testing...

the mononoke dvd was still giving probles in dvd decrypter, set 'ignore read errors' in I/O setting, aborted the file VTS_03_02.VOB, it was 96% done, didn't delete the file so i had a corrupt VOB. DVD Shrink would not read it saying Failed to open "D:\MONOKE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_9.VOB".

Then I used DVD-RB/ CCE Basic and then converted the VTS file to ISO with Folder2ISO. The movie played on the computer on Cyberlink PowerDVD. So far so good...

Opened DVD-Decrypter, pointed it to ISO, and wanted to change the ISO Volume Label... The ISO9660 was fine and so was Joliet, but the UDF was grayed out!

Anyway burned it, had 'verify burn' ON, and as I suspected it didn't play in the stand alone player and even PowerDVD didn't recognize the media.

When I have used DVD Shrink to encode other DVD's, it did UDF format w/o problem, DVD's play in stand alone mode.

What gives with DVD-RB/CCE Basic? Is there a option there for UDF format?

Thanks

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just a word of warning concerning folder2iso, i used it for the first time yesterday and then loaded the iso to nero virutal drive for testing before burning to disc, and powerdvd wouldnt load as a dvd? odd?

now this was the first play with folder2iso! i usally use tmpgenc dvd author / iso maker+ (burn engine sometimes?) so i used same files and made the iso again with tmpgenc and it played A-O-K ;-])

14. manesh

manesh Member

interesting, did you check the format of the disk in Nero virutal drive, was it UDF format, in addition to ISO 9660. I understand that you need the disk to be in UDF format to play in stand alone mode or on a virtual drive ( i have PowerDVD)

i will try the TMPGEnc dvd author / iso maker suggested by you

tks

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

16. SCL677

SCL677 Member

I've the same problem burning the vts file to the dvd.
    I've manage to read the file of the imported dvd using dvd fab decrypter but I can't burn the file to the dvd.
    After reading the dvd, the content in the folder showss:
    VIDEO_TS, VIDEO_01_0, VTS_02_0 and etc.

I've try several software and was not successful. I used dvd decrypter, clonedvd, 1 click dvd, vob blanker and tmpgenc.

Each time a message comes up saying, "VIDEO_TS\VIS_01_0 INF CAN NOT OPEN OR UNSUPPORTED" and with clonedvd I get a message saying,
    "Uncorrectable DVD"

Maybe cuz I'm a newbie but I have search all the guides and yet to come with a solution. Can someone be so kind and give some suggestion and assistance?

Thanks!!

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ SCL677 is it new dvd film out this disc?

did you try ripping with DVD43 in the background and useing dvd decrypter to rip it it in FILE MODE!!!

do you want all the dvd or movie only?

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@SCL677

When you rip with DVDFab are you opening up the file that says Disk 1 and then the Video_TS folder within, because that is where the info is stored.

19. SCL677

SCL677 Member

Rotary, thanks for your response to my quetion.
    Yes I've try dvd43 running in the background and dvd decrypter to read the disc but it failed to read at 60%
    This is some imported movie that my family have brought and I try to make a backup copy for safe keeping.
    Yes when burning with DVD Fab I've click on the video_ts folder to locate the file and when selected, a message come up saying, "sources can't be found"
    Weird, never have this problem before except with imported dvd,
    I wonder why.

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

do you want all the dvd or movie only?

hi did you set the region code for this import dvd in dvd decrypter? did you try aggressive rip in dvd decrypter? did you try changing the rip method in dvd decrypter? did you try file mode? did you try iso mode?