1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video color problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by eswolf23, Jun 27, 2005.

1. logicada

logicada Member

That solved the problem for me, too. Interestingly, Windows Media Player didn't have any problems playing the DVD's correctly, but PowerDVD did.

Thanks for the tip.

2. vanda1

vanda1 Member

I found this site via google and searched for a while until i found this thread and I had to register to say THANK YOU very much. I have been trying to solve this problem for over a week.

[bold]someone should make this sticky![/bold]
    Very much appreciated!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  3. cool2hate

cool2hate Member

anyone know how to fix this for ATI Radeon cards?

I have the same problem (the predator-looking video playback) with an AIW 9600 Pro. I've got dual monitors hooked up to it, and the problem seems to have started when I installed the Catalyst 5.10 package.

The file is all borked up in WMP but plays fine in ATI's file player.. any solutions?

4. tomg4321

tomg4321 Member

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300 and found the only way to stop bright colours was to set my hardware acceleration to 'none' (was previously set to 'Full')

Tom

5. jcrp

jcrp Member

hi
    i found that you can go to Advanced...in WMP Performance settings and just deselect Use Video Mixing Renderer. This solved the colourful issue for me :p

6. rynning

rynning Member

I am having this problem with an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 in a Dell Latitude D810. I "fixed" it by switching video properties Troubleshoot Hardware acceeleration to the third setting (or lower) which disables all DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration.

Funny that within Media Player's Performance/Advanced settings, I have to have "Use video mixing renderer" turned ON for it to work, the opposite of what an earlier post said.

7. cool2hate

cool2hate Member

jcrp,

that worked beautifully.

thanks!

8. oblique

oblique Member

Thanks to jcrp for the solution to this problem! It's been bugging me for months. Certain videos would appear in garish colours and blocks. But the solution only works for Windows Media Player. Does anyone know how to also get Media Player Classic to show videos properly? I have tried every setting in the options I can think of.

I am using a Gigabyte Radeon Pro 9600 on Windows XP SP2, with the latest ATI and Catalyst drivers.

9. bigsteee

bigsteee Member

In media player click tools/performance/advanced, then uncheck the box that says "use video mixing renderer"

this worked for me, hope it helps

10. CX3k

CX3k Member

Yeah. I actually joined this site just to answer this question. I stumbled across this site while searching for the answer myself. I found the answer to the problem for the ATI Catalyst users, and decided to post it here, because it was a very frustrating problem.

First, open up your Catalyst Control Center. Go to the Video tab, at the bar to the right, and go to the All Settings tab. A whole bunch of video adjustments will appear. There is a scrollbar to the right, scroll down to the bottom, and there will be a checkbox that says something baout Windows Media Video Acceleration. Uncheck that box, and your problem is gone.

11. oblique

oblique Member

It works! I never saw that checkbox in the Catalyst Control Centre due to the scrollbar. Now I can play video files in either WMP or Media Player Classic properly. Thank you!

12. NES_49144

NES_49144 Member

Holy crap, my pc has had this problem for 3 months, and i finally found this thread, and it WORKED! thank you every1

13. rynning

rynning Member

For those who don't have the ATI Catalyst Control Center (it wouldn't let me install it on my Latitude D810 with a Mobility Radeon X600), go to your Display Control Panel / Settings tab / Advanced button / (ATI) Options tab and disable the "WMV Acceleration" check box. I had to reboot before it worked, and I was able to set my Hardware Acceleration back to "full" as well.

14. amra51

amra51 Member

I had this exact problem, and these instructions from eswolf23 fixed it:
    Thank!!!!