Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What's with the smoothies, lethal?

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Love 'em :)

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Fair enough, I suppose!

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hey Taz my rug rat is 21 in April! Dang where did the time go? Face it brother you are old just like me ;-)

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@janneit...you're so neat!

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Gerry1, love you sig

I have to say tho that I am never ready for the idiots at work, they always seem to be one step ahead of me. Their capacity for stuffing up the simplest task never ceases to amaze. Some people shouldn't even use a toaster without supervision :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Aaah, the tazman returns :)

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

looks like there's been a fair few snazzy pics in this thread in my absence so i knocked up a couple new ones. Not as neat as some of your setups; kids and major multitasking puts paid to that :)

main desk here -
    (you'll have to forgive the awful pic of Angelina Jolie, nice face shame about the hair) :)

[​IMG]

but this one gets a lot of use also -

[​IMG]

TV setup is still pretty much the same as here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/21/208116

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  9. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Hey,

Creaky not meaning to be nosy i was looking at your pics and your first one (With the laptop) On the screen was what looked from here Mac OS X Just wondered whether it was (Wasnt sure as your laptop didnt look very mac like) Or was it mandriva? Im asking as i was looking for a linux distro which gave that bar at the bottom and knew you had madriva so wondered if thats what it was.

Thanks lecsiy

10. creaky

it is indeed Mandriva, what you can see are 'epplets' in Enlightenment, they're just some of the standard epplets, like for clock, random wallpapers, cpu & network load, screensaver etc etc.

11. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Intresting.. Thanks. Not to take this thread off-topic but to save making a new thread just quickly is mandriva good on the whole with laptops? Got an old one lying around which i might have some fun with!

12. creaky

it's my fave OS by far. i have 3 laptops now, my main one is a 64-bit AMD so that's running Mandriva 2006 64-bit, the 2 Toshiba laptops are running 2007 32-bit. In fact i'm replying now wirelessly (all my stuff is wireless) on one of the Tosh's (as was messing about with Enlightenment on here) as i can't sleep as per usual.
    I did have (DSL) Damn Small Linux as a triple boot on a couple machines but both of those machines mysteriously suffered hard drive corruption (on the Mandriva side) so i ditched DSL (no further corruption but same hard drives - hmmm). There's been a version or two of DSL out since but i'm steering clear now. I keep meaning to try Linux Mint as i have 3 or 4 spare machines but i haven't really got the time so i probably won't bother.
    For now i'll keep tidying up & tweaking machines "where i'm sat"

13. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Linux mint you say! Well thats my fav linux distro by far. Its got a great interface if you get a spare moment i really recomend trying it. Anyway i feel im taking this thread off topic so il stop so on a more on topic note. Nice set up! hehe

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Good to see this thread up and running. I still have same old setup.

15. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey Creaks :)

Lovely set-up mate, still growing I see. BTW, Is that Shilpa Shetty on the widescreen? Lol :p

edit by creaky- my pics were throwing out the margins so changed 'em to links; also, yup, it is indeed the lovely Shilpa Shetty

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

lecsiy,

I run Mandriva as well and love it. For the average joe who wants an easy to use distro I think it's tops. I actually went for the $40 Discovery version which came with, among other things, Cedega for playing windows games, LinDVD (Linux WinDVD) for watching DVD's and the XGL/Compiz desktop already integrated and ready to use. If you like eye candy and want to see something that makes Vista's aero look like a total half-assed hack go to youtube and do a search for either XGL or compiz. There's a ton of videos guys have made showing all the kisk ass stuff XGL can do :)

17. ryan1515

ryan1515 Regular member

my old laptop

[​IMG]

and what it is connected to

[​IMG]

and my main pc downstairs (made by me)

[​IMG]

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

anyone has a new setup?

19. anttikon

anttikon Regular member

20. creaky

- my computer setups & tv setup are virtually the same as the last pics, about the only difference is the old pc under the tv has been replaced by a 160GB HDD Twin-tuner recorder, makes tv-viewing a whole new experience, ie i don't have to watch anything when it's actually on but when I actually want to watch stuff, plus the 'pause live-tv' mode is great.

No need for me to upgrade any PC's for a long time to come, so 'fraid there'll be no need for me to upload new pics in a hurry.