1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

iam very new to xbox &play station iam considering one or the other,doesnt matter right now at least till after nov.ive been folling this thread,an wondering why cant you plug in your grafics output to your tv. and your audio soundcard to your sterio amp,for surround sound backup any game basicly with your pc and not go through all that BS.front usb port for game controller,and so on. as i said iam new to this,but curious.thank you.
    HELLO WHATS THE DIFF. WITH OUT ALL THAT BS. I DONT GET IT .PLEASE let me know if iam on the right track.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@cellblok5[/bold]
    "No posting email addresses in the forums."

3. modder_x

modder_x Guest

hey i did this mod with oo7 agent under fire but everytime i go to run mini linux it goes to the screen with the penguin then at the bottom it says no link for initialization and just stops there
    can somebody help me pleez what did i miss??????????????

4. cbruce

cbruce Member

This post is for everyone who is confused with the .rar files, it took me 2 weeks to figure this out. (yes im slow :)

You have to unrar that file, there is files inside of the file!! LOL
    go here to download the program to unrar things.
    http://www.download.com
    and search for:
    UnPacker

5. skeet12

skeet12 Guest

this mech mod skrewed my xbox it wont let me log into live and it say it need service somtimes...... can i delete this completely off my xbox or can u explain hot to make this work...... do u need a mod chip???

6. cellblok5

cellblok5 Member

if you mod your xbox, you will get kicked out of live... this the price you have to pay... but i have a question of my own... can i put a different hard drive in my box... then put the mod on there and it will work fine???

7. scott14

scott14 Member

Hi

I have been reading this and find it very interesting

I was just wondering if you could transfer a soft mod from one modded xbox to another nonmodded xbox through the connector cable. Can you transfer the soft mod without going through one of the original games, or is that necessary? Any help and lots of details would be much appreciated.

Thanks

8. cbruce

cbruce Member

Well you screwed up by not backing up your hard drive onto your computer, well if you did backup your hard drive, then just restore it back onto your xbox!
    If you didnt back it up, i feel bad for you!

9. Sourfly

Sourfly Guest

i still dont know how to use wrar and it says not a valid xbox save oh ya and visit my site _____________________________________________________________________ www.xanga.com/fight4fredom

10. Sourfly

Sourfly Guest

i still dont know how to use wrar and it says not a valid xbox save oh ya and visit my site _____________________________________________________________________ www.xanga.com/fight4fredom

11. Sourfly

Sourfly Guest

my card wont hold it all it says usb faild to entermerate do i need a new usb or new card its only a 8MB

12. cbruce

cbruce Member

Question for you guys, is an ethernet cable and crossover cable the same thing?
    If so can i just plug one end into my comp and the other on into my xbox?
    -thnx
    " everyone looking for evoX........... just keep looking, i suggest you look in evox.xboxhackz.com!"

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No, not at all. A crossover cable routes the transmit signals from one piece of equipment to the receive signals of another piece of equipment, and vice versa.

If you are trying to hook your xbox directly to you PC's NIC you will need a crossover cable.

An ethernet cable won't allow it to go both ways. You can use that type to connect to your xbox if you're doing it over a home Network. (i.e. Router)

14. cbruce

cbruce Member

Thanks alot, that saves me alot of work, i've been trying to do this with an ethernet cable! I feel dumb well got 3 questions!

1. In the softmod tutorial, it says put the linux on the action replay, what is the file called? whats the extension? (.rar, .xbx, .xbe, .dat)
    2. Can i do this softmod with a crossover cable instead of the action replay? (im too broke to buy that! lol )
    3. Why is EvoX illegal, and would it be illegal for me to post a link to evox-3985?

Thanks for responding o fast

15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

No, maybe not a good idea posting that link..part of the fun is finding this stuff...BTW gonna send a few unhappy softmodders this way as well...read warning at eastcoastxbox (jcollins) before proceeding with risky mod....ALWAYS back up content of HDD..esp C:/ dash files, don't think "it won't happen to me" cos it CAN and DOES... USB info is at xboxlinux project...and please remember.. ""assumption is the mother of all **** ups""

16. ModderWar

ModderWar Member

Roman_5 stop posten all this crap i am a true modder i will take anybody that wants to mod an i will take them step by step threw everything all programs an mods an give them a map rebuilding program.

GamerTag:WarriorBlader

17. ModderWar

ModderWar Member

i went to your site Roman_5 it is the worst site ever for modding its sucks no one go to it has no mods or anything i know the perfect site.

18. skeme4eva

skeme4eva Guest

I downloaded the linux thing from this tut. But when I go to put it onto my memmory card it says its not a valid xbox save. How do I get this to work. I been trying to mod my xbox for like a year now.

19. freshxbox

freshxbox Member

I'm hoping that all you clever people out there might be able to help me.....
    I'm trying to softmod my xbox (Crystal v1.6). I have all the h/w & s/w required.
    The big problem I've got is that I can't copy the saved game files to the memory card via Action Replay s/w. I can copy the save game files into the 'PC database' within AR, but can't copy it to the memory card.
    I think its the memory card driver, as it is currently a Microsoft driver, but it wont let me change it to an AR driver.
    PLEASE HELP - this is driving me insaine, any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!

20. Tanker13

Tanker13 Guest

hey i was just wondering how do u backup ur hard drive after u softmod