1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PXE-E61:Media test failure,check cable AND; PXE-mof: Exiting Intel PXE Rom.Invalid partition table.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by TxMason, Aug 18, 2005.

1. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

sorry fast reading if you can see the data on the drive in another computer then it's probably ok
    just need the o/s to be found
    could be if you are selecting the right drive the boot sector has been corrupted you can use your xp disc to fix it by using the repair facility and either fixboot or chkdsk /r
    chkdsk /r takes a lot longer
    and i just found out how to edit :) thanks :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  2. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

am I getting deja vu?

3. TxMason

TxMason Member

Wow I am flattered for all of the replies! This is truly awesome.. . Thanks everyone for your time and effort in helping this Texan.... I have cleared removed the battery on board, bought a new one put it in, and now have reset cmos from the jumper, with the computer off and unplugged. Ater I did that last night I had to walk away from my computer problem and hit the sack or no telling where I might of thrown my crippled computer! :) So now I am back at it men, it is a new day, and I pray that I have my crippled computer back up and running today! I did try to insert my os winxp pro, and boot from it, and it found all devices, then it said wait while it is doing something and it just froze like that, for like 30 minutes! LOL..... So I was like nah this is not right... So I guess I will dissconnect all hard drives but the one and try to reinstall os on it! :-( I hate to do that becaues I had so much on it but such is life.... And do not even tell me I should of had everything backed up! hehehehehe I know...... waaaaaaaaa

4. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

don't put the one in there with all your stuff on it use the 80 or 40 the when you get it running put the 120 in as slave and migrate all your files onto it.

5. TxMason

TxMason Member

Oh ok thanks man... I will do that now, but listen, I have a question actually two, first do you have msn messenger where we might could chat? Mine is: KingSolomonTxR@hotmail.com
    and the second question is, now that I have reset the cmos from the jumper, what do I do now? I mean should I try to boot the computer and if I do and get hit F1 or Del, which do I do? Or should I not try to boot now just go ahead and dissconnet all drives except one of the ones as you mentioned that do not have the os installed on them and install windows xp pro on it? I am ready to do this now and am waiting on your reply. Thanks again... TxMason

6. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

I have AIM and my screen name is scenicrides26, Your best bet would be to take all your drives out except the one with your os on it, hook it up as primary master then see if it will boot up first, if it does the same, which it will probably, then we ccan put another hard drive as primary master and try to put windows on that.

7. TxMason

TxMason Member

Ok I got your AOL stuff and thanks for trusting me with it. You have no worries believe me. I will add you in a bit brother. Thanks so much. Ok now check this out, I went a head and turned on my computer afer I cleared the cmos with the jumper, and have a new battery. And this is what reads on this screen below:

Award Modular Bios v6.00 P6,An Energy Star Ally
    Copyright (C) 1984-2001 Award Software,Inc
    Green AGP/PCI System
    Main Processor: Intel Pentium (R) 4.2.06 GHz (100MHzx20.0)
    Memory Testing: 786432k OK
    Direct Rambus/Host Frequency is 300/100 MHz
    Primary Master: NONE
    Primary Slave: NONE

Secondary Master: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W5224A1.02
    Secondary Slave: NONE
    CMOS Checksum error-Defaults loaded
    Press F1 to continue,DEL to enter SETUP
    04/19/2002-i850-W83627HF-6A69SA1BC-7C

Ok that is what I see on my screen after I turned on the computer after replacing the CMOS battery, and switching the CMOS Jumper, to clear, then move back? Does this tell you anything? I learned I think from going to the ABIT website and searching info, that the bottom far right number of: "7C" tells us the version of the BIOS? Does that sound correct?
    TxMason

8. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

ok everything looks good except you need a hardrive attached to the primary master and a copy of windows xp in the cdrom, aim me so we can work this out in real time.

9. TxMason

TxMason Member

Man you have no idea how much I am grateful for your kind help sir. I am going to enter your user name now on my aol messenger. Your should see me waiting on your approval soon.
    Most Respectfully Submitted,
    TxMason
    Pearland Texas USA

10. crocodyle

crocodyle Member

Hi there!

I also have got a problem booting up my computer.
    And I hope that anybody knows...
    It says:
    PXE-E61:Media test failure,check cable
    PXE-E61:Exiting Intel PXE ROM
    TLDR missing

please help me, wise people!
    croc

11. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

you have no operating sys
    check your hard drive is connected and working :)
    if it is do you have windows on it ?
    if not install windows

12. TxMason

TxMason Member

Well I hate to tell you this but my problem was the result of a power surge from outside lighting, and I removed my hard drive that has the operating system on it, " WinXP Pro" and put it in a hard drive elclosure, and I was able to see everything on it fine on my lap top, so I am assuming that this hard drive is fine? Am I wrong? Anyway, I can't my computer that has a power surge boot on that drive, and I am thinking that my motherboard is bad from the power surge.

13. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Now you press 'Del' to enter BIOS setup, and you autodetect your harddisk(s).
    You set PC to boot from Floppy First, Harddisk Second, and CD Third.
    Your rig is clearly finding only CDRom (secondary master) and no harddisk (primary master).
    Your OS is still there, right where you left it, on the harddisk - simply setup your recently-blanked BIOS to recognise the HD :^)