1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter troubleshooting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stuntm, Nov 1, 2005.

1. stuntm

stuntm Member

Hi and sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I haven't figured all this out yet.

Anyway, I have DVD Decrypter, and it's usually great, but recently after I decrypt a normal dvd and go to burn it, I get "There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image." The disc size is usually practically half the number of sectors of the decrypted file, but I know that can't be true, because these are all regular dvds, and often after several un- and re-installations of the program, they will burn the files perfectly.

(Help!) Thanks.
    -Tim

2. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

you need to use DVD Shrink to compress the dvd to the proper size needed for blank dvds. It is a free program available through links on this site. Also read the guides. Thay are very helpfull.
    LD

3. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

@stuntm

Check out the dvddecrypter and dvdshrink guide by bbmayo in my sig. Follow the directions step by step and you will be burning like a pro in short order.

cheers

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Something could have gone wrong when Decrypter was ripping the movie. You may try use another program, DVD Fab Decrypter, for the ripping:

http://www.dvdidle.net/en/free.htm

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  5. stuntm

stuntm Member

Thanks a ton! The Shrink did it - but I'm glad to know about the other program, just in case.

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

No problem, so long as it works.

7. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

Glad you are up an running (er burning). :-]

8. Angelkiss

Angelkiss Member

DVD decrypter is a tricky program. What does it mean by no readers found? It's confussing. Anyone else have this problem?

9. Angelkiss

Angelkiss Member

DVD decrypter is a tricky program. What does it mean by no readers found? It's confussing. Anyone else have this problem?

10. Emma1883

Emma1883 Member

hiya

hiya!

firstly i do apologise if i have posted this in the wrong place or are asking something already covered. i have spent an hour searching the forums but there are too many threads and i couldn't find what i needed.

I followed the guide on folder2ISO and dvd decryter (which was fab by the way, thankyou very much!!). I convered my vob files and associated files folder using the folderISO, no problems. i then followed the guide to burn using dvd decryter, again no apparent problems, FANTASTIC i was thinking! but... then the finished dvd disc won't play in a dvd player....i am using the same disc's that usually play in the player, even when i put it into my computer, it doesn't open like a dvd movie, it opens like data storage. have i missed out a step or something or misunderstood the purpose of burning the ISO folder? shouldn't it work as a normal movie dvd?

thanks in advance for any help and advice

Emma x

edit
    sorry i just realised i named the thread incorrectly, the disc DOESN'T work
    This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. November 2005 @ 13:38

11. pozburn

pozburn Member

Hey,
    I have been using Decrypter for about 2 years now and something unusual just happened. I purchased a new stack of TDK DVD-R (TDK's have been a superior media for me), but this new batch is a 16X speed capable vs. what I have been using 8X. I only burn at 4X because that is the limitation of my burner but when I try to burn one of the new 16X discs I get an error message about not finding the lead track or some such nonsense. I susequently tried a Philips 8X DVD-R and it works. Anyone know a secret about the faster burning media?

12. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

You might want the check the firmware version of your burner. Use the link in my signature block and locate your burner and the current firmware version. This should make your burner accept the newer medias.

13. Jeweled

Jeweled Member

Can anyone help, I have tried reading and rereading every forum I can find for this issue but not one has been able to help...I am trying to backup my some 500 DVDs using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, with a HP Writer 200j burner, DVD Shrink on Windows XP SP2. When I load the DVD (i have cleaned 50 so far, all with no visible scratches or imperfections) I get the following to the right under disk information:
    HP DVD Writer 200j 1.72 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
    Erasable: No
    Sessions: 1
    Sectors: 4,169,920
    Size: 8,539,996,160 bytes
    Time: 926:40:70 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,281,567

Layer Information:
    Layer 0 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50%)
    Layer 1 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50%)

And the follwing error message:
    I/O Error!
    Device: [1:0:0]HP DVD Writer 200j 1.72(E:)(ATA)
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 00 3A 31 4D 0C 00 00 00 00 15 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Random Positioning Error
    Retry or Cancel

I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.