1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to remaster a video file

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by xACiD, Nov 15, 2005.

1. xACiD

xACiD Member

Ok i will try and explain this as best as i can. I have a file that isn't quite right and i want to restore it to perfection. My thought of what i need to do is kinda like this. I need to take apart the AVI file, and get all the frames as each were its own file. and then i need to hand restore each one and then put it all back together. Anyone know of a program i can do this with?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well many Video editing programs can export a video file into seperate Images in say JPG or BMP format or even edit on a Frame accurate basis..
    Even Tmpgenc can export say an AVI/Mpg file as a Bunch of Seperate JPG/BMP Images but you got to realize that most video is shot at between 24 and 30 frames per sec so that is how many Pictures you will get for every second of Video you have and editing every single Frame in say PhotoShop or PSP or even within a Video editng Program will Take an extremely long time and be a Very Tedius process....

After you have edited all of the Frames you can put them back together into a Video file useing the same software you used to convert the Video to Images ,Even Tmpgenc can take a Sequence of JPG/BMP Images and export them in AVI or Mpeg-1/2 format as long as the Frames are Numbered In sequence......

Good luck

3. xACiD

xACiD Member

where can i find this feature in tmpgenc or another program?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to Export a Video file as a Bunch of seperate Frames useign Tmpgenc all you do is First load in the Video file and then go and set the Resolution and Frame rate and add any filters that you want and when you are ready to export the File just go to "File" to "Output to File" to "Sequence BMP/JPG/Tiff/ Ect" and then select a Folder were to export the Files and then select what Image format in the "Save as Type" menu and then save them....

When it is Done you will have a Whole bunch of Images Numbered in Sequence in your Output folder....

You can then edit the Images in PSP or Photoshop or whatever and then convert them back to a Mpeg or AVI file by loading them back into tmpgenc.....

Cheers