1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Video files reallocation failed.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SUPERMEX, Nov 23, 2005.

1. SUPERMEX

SUPERMEX Member

Greetings one and all. I am new to burning DVDs and this forum. I am hoping that someone can help. Recently, I tried to make a back up copy of one of my DVDs so that I could carry and play in my van. I used DVD Decrypter to rip it. When I went to burn it on a dual layered disc, I got the following message.

DVD-Video files reallocation failed.

I know, there is already a post in this forum discussing this issue, but being a newbie, I was not allowed to reply to it, so I started a new thread. My OS is Windows XP PRO. I am using NERO 6.6.0.18 to burn. I read somewhere on the internet to just ignore the warning and to continue. I did and the burn was successful and played fine on my Sony DVP-NS725P home player, but it would not play right in the player in the van. When we got to our destination, we tried it on our friends player, and got the same thing, it would play the extras, but not the MAIN movie. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? What does this statement mean? Here is the log file:

1A22-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    1A23-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Windows XP 5.1
    IA32
    WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.71 (0002), size=45056 bytes, created 7/19/2004 10:41:48 AM
    ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 6:35:34 PM
    Nero Version: 6.6.0.18
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 18e
    (Nero Express)
    Recorder: <SONY DVD RW DRU-800A> Version: KY01 - HA 1 TA 1 - 6.6.0.18
    Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
    Drive buffer : 2048kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
    CD-ROM: <SONY DVD RW DRU-800A >Version: KY01 - HA 1 TA 1 - 6.6.0.18
    Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1200JB-00GVA0 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
    DiskPeripheral : ST3160023A atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : SONY CD-RW CRX220E1 atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : SONY DVD RW DRU-800A atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    SONY CD-RW CRX220E1 D: CDRom0
    SONY DVD RW DRU-800A E: CDRom1
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
    ShowDrvBufStat : 0
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 1023MB (1047920kB)
    Free physical memory: 683MB (700352kB)
    Memory in use : 33 %
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

UDF/ISO compilation
    5:41:33 PM #1 Phase 112 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

5:41:33 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -22 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1189
    File 'VIDEO_TS.VOB' is not referenced and should not be present

5:41:33 PM #3 Phase 115 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
    DVD-Video files reallocation failed

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0002) built by: WinDDK, size=16512 bytes, created 7/19/2004 10:41:48 AM
    File 'Drivers\atapi.sys': Ver=5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), size=95360 bytes, created 8/4/2004 6:00:00 AM (Adapter driver for rec)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi,

Nero was unhappy with video files ripped by dvd decrpter. You could use nero recode to remake the dvd.

And you might wanna edit out your serial numbers b4 it gets nicked.
    1A22-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    1A23-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Cheers.

3. SUPERMEX

SUPERMEX Member

Guyy,

Thanks for all your advice. One thing though, do you want me to download the Neroplugins thing? At a quick galnce, I did not see NERO recode. Like I said, I am new.

Thanks again!

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Nero Recode should already be inside your Nero StartSmart - and , welcome to the forum :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  5. Robk9

Robk9 Guest

I am just curious. Did you download Nero. If you did and dont see recode, did you download Nero Digital 3.1.0.21, this is were the Recode program is located and will had to your nero Smart Start.

6. SUPERMEX

SUPERMEX Member

Thanks! After I made the reply, I seen it within NERO. I will try and RECODE it.

Thanks again.

7. SUPERMEX

SUPERMEX Member

Hello again. As you all might remember, I was trying to back up one of my DVDs. I was having some problems. I reencoded the files with Nero, but this would not allow the disc to be played at all. I then bought 1Click DVD Copy 4.2. I am running DVD43 in the background so that I can copy the DVD. I am burning to FUJIFILM dual layer discs. What I would like to know is why these disc play fine at home, but have problems on other units. Does anyone else have these problems. Do DVD players have to be a certain type/year? Let me know. Thanks!

8. Tweak32

Tweak32 Member

Well I am relatively new to the whole burning thing, but one thing that I learned is that certain DVD players will not accept burnt DVD's. For example I had a nice Sony DVD player that was about 6 years old, wouldn't play anything burned. But I think my situation is different than yours in that my old DVD player would refuse to recognize there was even a disc in the tray. Is your car dvd player a name brand? I just got a $60 Phillips DVD player that will play anything!

I actually found this thread because I just backed up my first movie (Shaun of the dead) with DVD rebuilder, then burnt the Video TS folder with Nero, and got the same error message that you did. But the movie played all the way through without a problem, so I have no idea what it means.

Hopefully someone else with some more expirience can chime in :)

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@SUPERMEX

What movie is it? And at what Mode did you have DVD Decrypter ripped the dvd? I've always recommend to use Mode, File F on DVD Decrypter to rip into the hard drive first. Then you can have either Nero Recode 2 or DVD Shrink to encode and compress, and you know the rest is history.

10. SUPERMEX

SUPERMEX Member

Thanks again to everyone.

alkohol,

That is how I did it the second time. It wouldn't even recognize the disc. After I used 1Click DVD Copy 4.2, my wife had the vehicle on a trip, so I gave the disc to the same friend that the other discs did not play in. He had called me to tell me that it was not working, and that is when I made my last post. The next time that I saw him, I told him how frustrated that I was that I could not copy that disc so that it would play in other players other than my own. That is when he told me that he was just messing around! He had played perfectly. He just knew that I the other discs would not play, so he just left a voice message on my cell telling me that it would not play. He then said that he paused...then said it PLAYED. He must have paused to long and the message just ended with me thinking that it did not play.

One thing, is DVD Shrink the same as 1Click DVD Copy 4.2? I followed the link and it sure sounds familier.

Sorry and thanks again!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

DVD Shrink and 1Click DVD Copy are two totally different programs. If you'd asked me which one I like (prefer) the most, then I'd said DVD Shrink 100%. DVD Shrink can still rip nearly 90% of some of the few new release DVDs flawlessly. Additionally, you can control DVD Shrink to your own desire. Whereas 1Click is basically an compressing and burning engine only.

If I remembered it correctly, I've only used 1Click like 2 times or so -- ever since I discovered DVD Shrink, Nero Recode 2 and DVD Decrypter, I've never looked back.