1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R DL won't play after ISO read & write w/DVD decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by menmaddi, Dec 28, 2005.

1. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Gentlemen,

I just upgraded to a Sony DRU810A. My old Panasonic DVR104 finally went quietly into the night after many years of faithfull service.

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL media. I used DVD Decrypter in ISO read mode, then ISO write. Decrypter said success, however two different Sony DVD players said failure. I just figured the editing I used to have to do would be unnecessary since the movie was under 8.5G

I have been out of the loop for a while. I didn't find a guide for this procedure. I'm afraid I'm just too old school. I'm looking for a cracker jack young rookie to help an old man out.

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

I took a different route to backup. Still like to know why decrypter didn't work, love that program. Maybe because it's version 3.1.4.0.

3. L8ter

L8ter Guest

that may have something to do w/ it the current version is 3.5.4.0
    and that's a bit dated as it hasn't been updated in about eight months due to leagalities!

glad you worked out the kinks!

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@menmaddi, if you would like to update your DVD Decrypter then click on ScubaPetes link in my sig, he is one of the few who still has the download available.
    Welcome back.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ menmaddi

did you choose the .MDS file to burn? it carries the layer break info.

how and what apps did you use to get it to work ok???? it will help others here...

also imgburn made by same guy as dvd decrypter is said to be a better burn engine for DL discs...

also i heard here that you can drop the .EXE from imgburn into dvd decrypter's folder directory and rename it to dvd decrypter.EXE and you have one kick butt app for ripping and burning any media aswell as DL

;-])

also you can booktype your +DL to DVD-ROM to make it more playable in standalone players...

;-])

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Some standalone dvd players can not play/read DVD+R DL media, so maybe you need to "book type" your DL backup into DVD-ROM. By book typing it to DVD-ROM format, it fools your dvd player to think that it's the original dvd, therefore, it'll play them just like any commercial/regular dvds. *NOTE: since your dvd burner is the SONY DRU 810, you may want to use the Lite-On tab inside DVD Decrypter.

Here is a guide on how to "book type" via DVD Decrypter. This is when you're "ready" to burn to the blank media (DVD+R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW) only. NOTE: set both of your "source" and "destination" ready, then do the following and burn it. If for some reason the (DVD+R/DVD+R DL) doesn't work for you, then try the (DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL - EEPROM!), it should work, if you have one of the drives that DVD Decrypter listed).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ alkohol, hows it going buddy...

brilliant - i love pictures they speak volumes....

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@rotary

Not much, except cruising at AfterDawn. No work until the 4th of Jan. 2006 yet, so it gets kind of bored, I've been off (vacation) too long. Yep, definitely love them pictures. See you around in the forum buddy.

Happy Holidays!!

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Alkohol, no work for a few days..does that mean you'll be having a few quiet drinks..hope so. Thanks for the above pics, I wasnt too sure on how to booktype but once again you've laid it right out there so ANYONE can follow.

I havent found the need to do so as all my players are behaving themselves and accepting whatever I throw at them. Cheers and Happy New Year.

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@gwendolin

I've been off since the 16th of December. Yep, no work for me until Jan the 4th 2006. Nah... I don't drink much nowadays, except on special occasions only. But did you know that it's good to drink or have at least one shot of wine or liquor every other day? Study shows that it helps to boost up your heart (more healthier) that way.

11. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

@quendolin & L8ter
    Thanks for the link, got the update.

@Rotary
    I ripped the files using DVDfab Decrypter, then burned the AUDIOTS & VIDEOTS using RecordNow(an old program that came with my pc). Back up played fine on pc as well as Sony DVD player. I would have used Nero but I just got Nero StartSmart with my burner. I uninstalled my older Nero program and I'm not quite familiar enough(to trust it) with the new one yet. Great info on the IMGburn engine. I think I'll give that a try. Why use 2 & 3 programs when you can use 1 right?

@Alkohol
    Very excellent guide! I didn't have a problem playing the back up after I changed my approach, but I'm going to use Decrypter now that I got the update and follow your guide to book type.

@All
    I really appreciate the help.

Incidentally, so far I love the new DL burner. No more IFOEdit & ReMPEG headaches. What used to take hours takes TWENTY MINUTES!
    yeah

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dont quote me on imgburn and dvd decrypter i just spoke to author hes says it doesnt???

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  13. L8ter

L8ter Guest

it's in the change log that the newest version doesn't have to be renamed and apps calling on decrypter will now call on imgburn instead!

although most apps already included the feature of course shrink is a stubborn one! but all should work now!

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i see - its the associations that count, apps useing the old DvdD will call for imgburn and burn useing imgburn - kool

by the way i just used imgburn for fist time on a 5 discs queued up job ! brillinat!

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

16. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Alkohol,

Guess my burner doesn't support book change function on DVDDecrypter.

Message in Current Setting field: Unknown(Failed!)

I'm going to try the ps2 burn anyway and see if it matters.

17. LOCOENG

@menmaddi

Don't give up on booktyping, according to rpc1 your Sony drive is a rebadged BenQ not a Lite-On. Go about it the same way as alkohol described above, only this time select the BenQ tab instead of the Lite-On tab.

Here is the proof, and the current firmware if you need it too.
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_result.php?kaj=1&isces

18. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Yup, worked perfect. Good call.

19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@LOCOENG

Sup buddy? Good catch there, I didn't even think of that in the first place because most of Sony's burners are rebadged of Lite-On. I guess their newer drives are BenQ.

@menmaddi

Glad it works for you now. Yep, your DRU810A is definitely a rebadged BenQ. So use the BenQ tab whenever you're going to burn usind DVD Decrypter.

Happy burning!!

20. LOCOENG

@alkohol

LOL...Sony drives are like memorex, you never know what you'll get. Hope you had a good X-mas and a happy new year to come.

@menmaddi

No problem and congratulations, now you can make a DVD with almost no compatability issues.

Happy burning to both of you!!