1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD wont play in dvd player

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by lazy64, Feb 21, 2006.

1. tmternes

tmternes Member

I have made a Demo DVD. Basically, I have made a DVD demoing all my favorite clips from various movies. When I am watching my DVD on standalone DVD Players, I can see very noticeable splint second pauses in the clips. I think these are the chapter jumps. However, when playing my DVD on a computer, these pauses are not seen. Any thoughts?

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

did you join all your clips into one movie or create multiple movies and just linked them together

3. tmternes

tmternes Member

Multiple Movies

4. philraz

philraz Regular member

Ok thats your problem there is alittle trick you can do if you open the video_ts folder dvdlab made you will see the dvd structure it will look like this your only interested in the vobs
    vts_01_0.vob
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_02_0.vob
    vts_02_1.vob
    And so on if you change vts_02_0.vob to vts_01_3.vob and vts_02_1.vob to vts_01_4.vob and so on
    then load the vts_01_0.vob back into dvdlab it will create one movie instead of several (make sure your project setting are set to join and demux vobs) you can then set chapter points manualy and link your menu buttons manualy to each chapter

5. tmternes

tmternes Member

Hi Philraz,

Thanks for all your help.

I was just curious. What is the deal with setting the capacity of the disc to not exceed 4300mb? Where did this come from?

6. philraz

philraz Regular member

A disk is burned from the centre out the closer you get to the edge the harder it is for the dvd to read this is why movies tend to play up more towards the end

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

why would useing dvd-r's work better than +r's? i am useing verbs now. kinda pricy at times. is there a cheaper brand thats a quality brand? how are maxell or memorex? i have heard nothing good about anyother type other than verbatum.

8. philraz

philraz Regular member

Dvd-r's tend to be more compatable with stand alone dvd players a lot of players have trouble with dvd+r's the only disks I will recomend are verbatim and taiyo's however I am told that maxell are ok if made in japan

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

why is it so hard to find MIJ blanks? MIT are everywherei am useing 8x dvd+r verbs now. just backed up Crash. and had a little glitch on it about the 13:31 mark in the movie.but only on 1 of my 1 stand alone players. why would it play fine on one and not the other?

10. philraz

philraz Regular member

some players are just dificult when it comes to burnt dvd's keep that burn speed down 4X look into booktyping if your rom supports it or try dvd-r's again if your rom supports both I use verbatim 8X dvd-r's burn at 4X and have very few problems

11. Mudshark

Mudshark Member

Here is my nickle. I am hard of hearing so I bought a RCA RDC 8005 as it will record closed captions. What a junk pile this thing is. It will not play anything that I have burn using a Sony, Pioneer, or a IO Magic burner. My 6 year old Sony plays everything even those so called "cheap" disc (Staples and Imation) The RCA will not play Verbatim, Sony, Maxell. Don't mater if it is +R or -R it just locks up after 10 sec. or will say the disc is dirty or the wrong region. I always burn at the slowest speed that I can, never more that 4X. The RCA will play back anything that I have burn using it, yes even Staples and Imation. I backed up "Walk The Line" using Verbatim +R. It plays fine in my computer and my old Sony deck but locks up at the normal 10 seconds on the RCA deck. Who knows? Maybe some players are just junk.