1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to "Merge" 2 DVD's into 1 ?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Billy_Br, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Billy_Br

Billy_Br Member

I have two DVD files (the "_TS" format), both of which are a little less than 2.2 Gbyte.

I would like to burn both files onto a DVD5, but cannot figure out how to do it.

DVD shrink "replaces" the first DVD with the second when I "add" it, and Nero Express refuses to allow the addition of the second to the first.

I though about manually renaming the files so they are all different (figured this was the problem) but didn't want to risk making a coaster. Thought I would come here and ask an expert instead.

What's the best/fastest/easiest way to do this ?

Thanks in advance,

Billy

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

3. Billy_Br

Billy_Br Member

Thanks for the link, IHoe. I've been using DVDShrink for years and never noticed the DVD "Browser Button". (Duh...)

I've dumped the DVD to file because I want chapters and it doesn't look like DVDShrink does chapters. After the thing gets done encoding, I'm going to see if I can get VSO to do some chapters.

Is there a better way ?

Thanks again,

Billy

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well if you want chapters then why don't you do VSO's ConvertXtoDVD! Add both dvds and let it go and it will put menus and chapters!!! as we speak I am doing a DVD by ConvertXtoDVD! and it's fast too!

5. Billy_Br

Billy_Br Member

Yeah, after I posted this I had the same idea. (Duh...) I had to re-process both files from avi to _TS again, but this time I did them together, with the autochaptering enabled.

Heh. "autochaptering". lol...

If this should happen again, is there a prog that will create chapters during re-authoring ? I'm thinking about a case where the file starts off as a _TS file.

6. kjvsword

kjvsword Member

is there a prog that will create chapters during re-authoring ?

TMPGenc DVD Author