1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

problem with this thread as it shows garmoon as last poster on page 20 but there is a page 21 with nothing on it til this post i believe. also after posting, it dosen't always show your new post right away as before so might get a few multi-posting of same post.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

ddp, myself and ireland have been pointing this out for a while now..
    I even made a thread which was seemingly ignored..
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/519112

The first point of your post is not listed in my thread but is a valid problem, yah.

Hopefully the admins can fix it soon >.<

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah during the last two weeks I've had same problem. I thought Ketola fixed it, but it did it this am. The way to get around it is-once you post, x out of the thread and when you reenter thread, your post will show.

4. ddp

or do a refresh.

5. ddp

still having a server problem as is slow to post after posting a reply so we are getting multiple posts. when i see them, i delete the duplicate post.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i havent been on much lately but the past couple days when i have tried to get in AD, it takes a good 2 mins to load the home page and then at least a min to load anything else i click on. thought maybe it was my system but it has happend to me also at work. which is 30 miles from my home and a different provider too. any idea's to the problem?

edit to add this.. even when ya make a post like i just did. it took some time for it to take. like a 45 sec pause???

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there's a spate of duplicate posts this afternoon, and some of them are more than a minute later than the original..

8. ddp

& getting slower in posting replies. haven't seen a timeout yet but won't be surprised to see that happen soon. is not my computer as on a couple other sites at same time with no problem.

9. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Don't exactly know what was wrong, but after a couple of restarts and tweaks things are working more smoothly now. Some queries are still taking quite a while to run, though.

10. ddp

have had 2 servers not found screens about 12:25pm. also servers are slow when posting.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Things are not working smoothly in southern US. SOOO SLOOOOW

Edit: Last 3 pages failed to load. got this message.

Failed to read command byte from ServletExec.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  12. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I get this error

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

How can I get this page and not the others?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  14. ireland

ireland Active member

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.naryx.tagfusion.cfm.engine.cfEngine.service(cfEngine.java:1101)
    at com.naryx.tagfusion.cfm.cfServlet.service(cfServlet.java:38)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletService(ServletExec.java:1735)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest(ServletExec.java:1688)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletAlias(ServletExec.java:1636)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1376)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1098)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:175)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:208)
    at com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:163)

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hey Ireland, good to see ye again. Your guy put on a nice show in the British Open. Sucked it up after he blew it- courageous.

16. Ketola

Been kicking the boxes around in the evening (local time, 0:44 AM over here). Hopefully things run smoothly for the next 10 hours or so. Back to the grinder in the morning, smoothing out rest of the rough edges.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

Ketola
    kick it a little harder

Failed to read command byte from ServletExec.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just posted this in the old timers thread it posted twice a minute apart. just prior to this post i posted something and it didnt show up till i posted a second post and they both showed up

heres the link to that thread/post
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/321926/3262303

19. Ketola

I'll try and make some adjustments to forum code tomorrow to make help posts show up right after posting. They _do_ always get posted, unless you get an error, but may take a while to show up on the thread in case there's (unusually) heavy load on the DB slave. Nowadays there's substantial load on the server at pretty much all times.

The problems may also be related to the improved message parsing routines, which might be a bit slow at times. That's why it may take 10+ seconds to post a new message.

The biggest cause of slowdowns in the forums at the moment are the threads with hundreds, or worse thousands of messages. The DB server handling most of the forum queries can't hold the message id index in memory too long. When the index is purged from cache, opening a thread like http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/322699 , which has over 6600 messages, can take a good while.

I've got a couple of possible solutions sketched for the problem, but unfortunately it'll take at least until Friday before they can be tried out.

Until then I will try and do my best getting the databases running more smoothly. The problems seem to have begun late last Friday, when the master database server was rebooted.

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah site's still not normal.Slow and slow to post. Going on two weeks now. Sometimes it's quick as can be, but mostly slow.