1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD+R for Zenith XBV243 ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thesatyr, Apr 30, 2003.

1. thesatyr

thesatyr Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering what brand(or type) DVD+R (Grade A) should I use to back-up a DVD (DVD 5) Movie and be able to play it on a Zenith XBV243. I'm using a HP dvd200i burner.

Btw, How would I go about backing-up a DVD-9? From I can understand, I can't burn it to one side, but how could I get DVD Decrypter to rip it into 2 ISOs instead then I could burn each to a 2 sided DVD? If you know a better way plz inform me?

Thx,
    Saphoroth

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD-9 will be backed up by process of ripping MOVIE-ONLY and running thru a compression prog (like DVD2One or DVD Shrink) which will make it 4.3Gb...ready for DVD-R/RW (+R/RW)

3. herbsman

For your first question you might get more response in the DVD-R Media Forum on Message Boards.

P.S. Check http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ and hit DVD player compatibility on the left side of the screen & enter your stand alone player inthe search field.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2003
  4. herbsman

This is what was said about your model:

[bold]CDR
    CDRW DVD-R
    DVD-RW DVD+R
    DVD+RW VCD SVCD
    Subs?
    Tracks?
    CVD? XVCD?
    XSVCD? MP3 VBR
    320kbit/s
    WMA $200 8 of 10
    miniDVD/cDVD support
    MP3 long filename support
    MP3 ID3 TAG support
    DVD-VHS Combo
    - Video created and burned on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW with DVD Workshop 1.3 and MyDVD 4.0 software.

- VCD works, but requires DVD hack via remote control. Once done, VCD support and PBC option will be enabled. Info is available in "DVD Hack" section.

- When cDVD/miniDVD is used, the on-screen file manager or MP3 file manager is enabled. Cannot play the video manually at all.
    [/bold]