1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Many VTS files. How can I merge into one big file?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by catagory5, Apr 15, 2006.

1. catagory5

catagory5 Member

After I copy one of my DVD's to my hard drive I am left with many vts files. I would like to know what software to use so I can 'merge' them all into one big file and then convert it to a mp4 file using IMToo or avs video converter. I guess what Im asking is what software will merge all those files I am with under video_ts into one nice big file? Am I missing something?

Thanks Steve.

2. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

I suggest you rip DVD to mp4 directly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  3. catagory5

catagory5 Member

Yes but how is the easiest way. I can't seem to get my files imported into itunes either. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Cant I go to the Folder where the movie is downloaded to say C drive, then cant I right click on the file and 'send to' drive L which is Steve's Ipod? I do that and it shows the file being transfered (you know where the papers are flying by into the folder) and it takes maybe a minute or so. But when I go to my Ipod folder or to Itunes they have not been showing up. I also have tried the method using Itunes and 'add files to library' or whatvever it is but when I find the movies I want to add to my library it wont add them. Mind you these are movies that have been converted with imtoo. Anyway, your thoughts are very appreciated as to no one else replied.......

Thank you STEVE

4. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

If the files aren't importing into iTunes, then try shortening the file to something like vid1 or something then you can change the name again when it is already in iTunes. ;-)

5. catagory5

catagory5 Member

I will try that but why would that matter? I was having no problems adding files to my library and now it seems in the last day or so they just wont go into Itunes. But I will try this.

Thanks.....

6. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Rip the DVD onto your HDD using DVD Decrypter. I cannot tell you exactly where to find this software, but it can be found through a simple google search.

When you have it, follow this tutorial to rip your DVD into one .vob file.. [taken from my sticked guide at the top of the forum]

1) Place the DVD you want to rip your video from into your DVD drive.

2) Launch DVD Decrypter.

3) Go to the Mode menu and select `IFO` I mode. This will give you access to two new tabs Input & Stream Processing:
    [​IMG]

4) Then, go `Tools` then `Settings` go to the IFO tab, then under Options, change File Splitting to [bold]None[/bold] and press `OK`.

5) Now go back to the main menu and select the `Stream Processing` tab. Check the box net to it so it is enabled, and only select the first video listed, as well as the audio. The encoded video's don't support any sort of subtitles, so uncheck that box if it's ticked.
    [​IMG]

6) Choose a location where you would like the DVDRip to go. Click on the Browse button (shown on screenshot below), locate the folder & click OK.

[​IMG]

7) Now go `File` and `Decrypt` to begin. (It can take up to 15 minutes or even longer to rip the movie to your computer- depending on how good your computer is and how large the DVD is).

Once you have done this, you can transcode the .vob file to mp4 using a program such as Videora (http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ )