1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with LAME in Vegas video and Sony Vegas

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by gurkninja, May 7, 2006.

1. gurkninja

gurkninja Member

Hello everyone!

Some of you may hav hear this quesion a million times, but i just can't find information about this anywhere else, so here goes:

I wan't to render a small video-clip, what im using is Xvid for Video and Lame for audio. The software im running is Vegas Video 4 and Sony Vegas 6 (same program, but they changed their name since version4 or something).

When i try to render with Lame for audio it says:
    An error occurred while creating file *file*.avi.
    An error occured while opening a codec.

Since i only get this error when the Lame codec is involved, i assume that it can't find the Lame codec. I've installed the latest stable Lame.acm with the .inf file, and i can use it in any other program involving encoding audio. Sometimes Vegas even crashed when trying to render (version 4 that is), but version 6 just complains about not finding the codec.

It's really frustrating, since it appears in the list of available codecs and all, it's just the rendering process that doesn't work..

I also know that there is a built-in mp3 codec in Vegas, but i rather use Lame, if it's possible.

So if anyone know anything about this, and maybe have a solution, then please share it with me!

Thank you! :)

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi gurkninja,
    Don't know about Vegas software, but it is the lame_enc.dll that most audio programs require.
    I encode video to AVI using GordianKnot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/gordian_knot.cfm
    And I encode audio to LAME VBR MP3 using CDex
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/cd-da_extractors/cdex.cfm
    And then, to make final AVI I mux V and A together using NanDub.
    Download the LAME package - we offer one here on AfterDawn
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_encoders/lame_mp3_encoder.cfm
    Extract the package - it does not 'install' into Windows per se - and note the lame_enc.dll file.
    Search your Vegas and look for a LAME DLL that can be updated/replaced.
    The Windows MP3 codec is 'locked' - it decodes but will not encode (Thanks, Bill).
    Hope this helps,
    Regards

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  3. gurkninja

gurkninja Member

Thanks for the tips, i think ill try to use NanDub, as you suggested, since audio is the only thing that doesnn't work in Vegas. The wierd thing is that i installed LAME and all, and it appears in the list of available codecs, but i can't use LAME to encode the audio..

Anyway, thanks!