1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'1 Click DVD Copy Pro' vs 'Clone DVD2'

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Ken41, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Further to my enthusiastic response to gogochar's recommendation of the free program 'DVD Shrink', my only qualification so far is this: if you compile from a movie disc with extras several items, and jettison the rest, apparently you have to settle for a final disc without a menu. In turn, this means that you just start playing the disc until you arrive at, say, item 4, the one you wanted this time.

Crude, what?

Or am I overlooking something?

Do '1 Click DVD Copy Pro' and/or 'Clone DVD2' do things better re menus/visible indexing of the final disc's content?

Thanks - Ken41

2. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

i can't comment on clone but 1-click allows you to keep the menu w/ "main movie only" if you choose.

3. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Thanks guys, for all your input. Somebody has shown me how, using 'DVD Shrink, you can reduce unwanted items from a disc to just a title for each, 'Video deleted'. At the same time, you can keep the original disc's menu. In playing back the final disc in a stand-alone DVD-player, you use the remote to go straight to the menu.

But I'm still considering buying 'Clone DVD2'. It does a very neat job.

- Ken41

4. DamonDash

DamonDash Guest

CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD trust me i have burn over 6000 or 7000 dvds.I see all these tread where people having problem with this program or that program i just look and laugh because the money you put in CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD is by far the best investment i made the last two years.Plus they alway give upgrades they never sleep at the wheel.

5. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Thanks again guys for all of your input.

Following the suggestion of gogochar, I have for the time being elected to use the FREE 'DVD Shrink' for when I want to backup particular items from a disc, other than the main movie. Don't forget that I already have the basic '1 Click DVD Copy' and 'AnyDVD'.

I have customised myself a still, a .png file in place of Shrink's own default still, to use when replacing unwanted tracks from a disc. It points the user to use the DVD Menu button on his/her remote. (The default still, rather unhelpfully, simply reads, 'The video has been removed'.) I created the text in Word, copied it to Paint, saved it as a .png (Popular Network Graphics) image, did some final polishing in IrfanView (made the text white-on-black), and saved it to the folder where Shrink already had the default .png still stored.

(Note. I indented and centered the text of the still. Otherwise, I found, when my DVD-player adapts to a widescreen/letterbox format movie, the text of the still bleeds off the edges of the image.)

- Ken41

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would look here before you buy 1 click,

http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/faq.asp#register

the list of conflicting software is similar to that of 321 studios X-Copy. Online activation is a complete rip off, end of story! You pay for a product, if you re-format, then you effectively have to ask permission from the makers to use it! That is no way to run a business. A bit like if you had to replace the fuse on your television, you have to return it to the shop for them to sort it for you.
    I have Alcohol 120%, that is now online activation. I had a go at them on their forum, their simple answer was "If you don't like it don't get it!". If I had known when I bought it, I would end up having to activate, I would never have bought it.
    CloneDvd2 & AnyDvd & the way to go here, they treat you like adults & not children.

Also, there is a section with so called "testimonials", I am always wary of software people who put up peoples' letters saying how great the product is! Personally, I think it is a load of bullcrap. I don't believe any of these testimonials, wizard pro is the same & we all know how bad that prog is!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Supposedly the reason it has the same problems as DVDXCopy is that they both operate using the same burning engine? But anyway I have for the average user 1Click DVD Copy is a fine program. I do despise their activation methods. And have since become somewhat of a "quality nazi" as I use DVD-Rebuilder Pro now with HCenc. I still use 1Click DVD Copy now and then for the odd copy job. But DVD-Rebuilders quality cant be beat!

9. cynn

cynn Regular member

Suppose I have a movie that's not copyrighted. Would I get the EXACT quality copy as the original DVD if I mad a "image" in my hdd, then burn to dvdr, instead of the normal ripping with DVD decryptor? Could someone enlighten me on the difference? I just found out my friend uses the 1st method for all her dvd copying. Question is based on ovies that are not copy protected. Thanks

10. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ken41
    I've been using 1clickDVD for years, thousands of back-ups. Easiest program to use!!! I have been looking at the up-grade to Pro that 1click is offering right now. Looks alot like old DVD Shrink but it's still being updated.
    I would go with upgrade to 1clickDVD Pro $39 if you have basic...over Clone DVD 2...
    I would rate this way.

Ease of use:
    1: 1ClickDVD Express by far for a novice...
    2: Clone DVD 2
    3: Nero 7
    4: DVD Shrink & VOB BLANKER

Best Quality
    1: Nero 7
    2: 1clickDVD
    3: DVD Shrink & VOB BLANKER
    4: Clone DVD 2

CloneDVD2 would be my last choice to buy!!!

These are the programs I use:
    1ClickDVD with DVD43 if DVD43 will not decode I then use.
    DVDFab to remove encryption.(FREE)This program is the greatest beats AnyDVD, has new encryptions beat before the movies are out.
    Then shrink with 1clickDVD, then burn with NERO 7

@Ireland
    You can upgrade to 1clickDVD Pro for the same price as buying CloneDVD2, so No cost savings... As far as registration I have installed this program 5 times in the last 2 years with just a simple e-mail to 1clickDVD... NO PROBLEMS what so ever!!! They have always replied within 1 hour...GOOD CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

321 had reasonable customer support, until they went belly up! Whether or not DVDFab is better than AnyDvd is extremely debateable. But, you are entitled to your opinion. Nero & is still way too buggy for most. Shrink & vobblanker is easier than CloneDvd2? Yeah, OK then. You still had to ask their permission to install it (Click dvd copy) though, in my books that really sucks.
    I shouldn't have to ask to use something that I have paid for, plain & simple. You had to ONLY wait one hour? Whoop de doo, I don't have that problem with SlySoft, give me one good reason why I should have to wait?
    What if the servers went down, or your E-mail was for some reason inaccessible? What do you do then?

[bold]Activation is a really bad idea & to recommend someone goes down that route, well that bites, big time.[/bold]

12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pulsar,
    DVDFab is FREE...AnyDVD is not...waiting for a code to Re-install software when ever I build a new system is not a big deal, your making a mountain out of a mole hill...

The number one reason DVDFab is better then AnyDVD in my opinion is:
    THEY HAVE THE NEW ENCRYPTIONS BEAT BEFORE THE MOVIE COMES OUT ...WHICH IS WHAT I NEED... I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK AFTER RELEASE BEFORE BACKING-UP!!!

Finally NERO BUGGY...That is the first time I have heard someone call Nero Buggy...

As for "Activation is a really bad idea & to recommend someone goes down that route, well that bites, big time."

Whats your point! Activation is no big deal, unless you are trying to avoid paying for software that you use...and or trying to install on more then one computer...which trust me, you can with 1clickDVD...Activation can always be beat!!!

Remember 1clickDVD can be activated offline as well as online!!!

To say you don't own a software that has to be activated is RUBISH!!!
    I find that statement to be ridiculous...LIFETIME FREE ACTIVATION IS JUST THAT...LIFETIME & FREE!!!

Ken41 concerns had to do with ease of use, and quality.
    1clickDVD is by far the easiest software for a novice to use, and it's compression quality is superior to CloneDVD.

It's called 1ClickDVD for a reason...ease of use!!!

KEN UP-GRADE TO 1CLICKDVD PRO IF YOU WANT MORE CONTROL OVER WHATS REMOVED WITH BASIC!!!

13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ken41,
    What is it with 1ClickDVD basic, that you cannot do, that you are wanting to do?

Is it just menu options that you mentioned earlier that you are concerned with?

Basic allows you to save all menues under options.

If you are wanting to save only certain extras, not all. Then Pro is what you need.

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Never heard Nero was buggy? You really need to have a good look around here before making bold statements like that! Just PM one of our top nero gals, gwendolin & ask what she thinks of Nero & ask if it is buggy. The reply may surprise you.

Quote;
    "To say you don't own a software that has to be activated is RUBISH!!!
    I find that statement to be ridiculous...LIFETIME FREE ACTIVATION IS JUST THAT...LIFETIME & FREE!!!"

So, you are telling me that I own software that has to be activated online? How did you come to that conclusion? Have you been to my house & scanned my PC for software? How can lifetime free activation be so if the company goes belly up?
    CloneDVD2 is not easy? Exactly what planet are you on?
    There is only one person here talking rubbish....

15. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pulsar
    Quote:
    "So, you are telling me that I own software that has to be activated online? How did you come to that conclusion? Have you been to my house & scanned my PC for software?"

(I never said you own software that has to be activated, So try and make sense!)

Quote:
    "How can lifetime free activation be so if the company goes belly up?"

(You have to be kidding to make a statement like that. Going belly-up just means no more updates. The software will still be available, This is the net!)

(As far as purchasing, once I have paid for somthing I own it. I can legally have it on my computer and that is all that matters. I can always find the software and activate it...)

Quote:
    "CloneDVD2 is not easy? Exactly what planet are you on?
    There is only one person here talking rubbish...."

(I never said CloneDVD2 wasn't easy, I said 1ClickDVD does a better job in compression quality , then CloneDVD2 which "Ken41" stated earlier and I agree with, so WHO"S TALKING RUBISH!!!)

As far as NERO goes, One persons opinion is simply that...

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@peainapod
    What is "DVD-Rebuilder Pro now with HCenc" never heard of?
    How easy is it to use?

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

As stated in the help guide of DVD-Rebuilder Pro

And HCenc is a encoder that ,if i remember, is included in the DVD-Rebuilder installation. It is responsible for encoding the video files. And as for ease of use it has a 2 modes you can use it in. 1Click mode were you click backup and it does its thing or 3 click the outcome is the same as 1 click but you have to come back and hit next at each new stage in the process.

This is DVD-Rebuilders homepage (http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/). Their are 2 versions offered. The Free version is a older version but still quite capable. and the Pro version of DVD-Rebuilder. Its updated and has increased functionality. It cannot in itself backup copy-protected films so a program such as anyDVD or DVD43Free will be needed. The only thing I can say some people might not like about DVD-Rebuilder is the time it takes to fully encode the movie. It can take a hour or two usually but the results are phenomenal compared to either of the other programs listed in this thread.

18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote;
    "(I never said you own software that has to be activated, So try and make sense!)"

So what does this mean then?
    Quote;
    "To say you don't own a software that has to be activated is RUBISH!!! "

You need to get your facts right!

I really can't be bothered with this futile & childish debate, I have got [bold]way[/bold] better things to do with my life than to argue the toss over a piece of software.

See ya..

19. cynn

cynn Regular member

I was very very new to the dvd world last dec and 1Click + CloneDVD were the first two softwares I tried the trials). I am also a quality freak and look into details like clarity of words/alphabets etc on the copied dvd. I have to agree that 1Click was better in pic quality which was why a/dwan reviews did confuse me a bit cos everyone was for clone dvd. As for ease of use, as someone who didn't know ANYTHING AT ALL, I found 1Click easier so LP531 is perhaps correct on both these points (if he answering dummies like me :)
    This is just an opinion of a person who was/is very very very new to all this stuff, I'm not trying to start any argument here. Maybe pulsar, you are already very good at all this, so you find clonedvd very very easy. But yes, there are some problems with nero (buggy)with the latest versions cos my friends (Im a roxio person) have trouble but nero 6 is fine. Okay guys, sorry if I offended any of you. Just wanted pulsar to see Lp531's point of view and vice versa.I'll end here. Bye.

20. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Thanks for the post cynn, I am not trying to piss people off, however I hate when people make a blanket untrue statements attacking software and the people who use and prefer it.

@cynn
    The reason for the bad reviews or the non-recommend for 1ClickDVD around A.D. is that 1clickDVD is not sold here(or in other words they do-not pay to advertise here), CloneDVD is!(sold & pays to advertise here)

I am sure that statement is going to ruffle some feathers, but it does not make it any less true!

Regarding Nero: I was talking about Nero7 specifically, but to say flatly that Nero is a buggy program is inacurate. Nero is not perfect just like any software, However it is undoubtably the number1 burning software in use.
    ALL SOFTWARE HAS BUGS,THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT BUGGY!!!

@pulsar
    So what does this mean then?
    Quote;
    "To say you don't own a software that has to be activated is RUBISH!!! "
    (I am saying the act of activating a software does not relinquish your right of ownership of that software.
    Would I prefer to not have to activate, Sure.
    Will activation ever prevent someone with skills from installing on their computer and using, NO.
    If I legally buy software, I own it, and can have it legally installed on my computer!!!)

P.S.Look at what words are highlighted or linked and what are not.
    CloneDVD
    AnyDVD
    Nero
    1clickDVD
    I rest my case!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006