1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dnt know how to burn avi to dvd+r

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by axmad, Jun 20, 2006.

1. axmad

axmad Regular member

hi
    i want to burn my avi video/movies to dvd+r so that i can watch them
    with standalone dvd player or my ps2.am using nero.
    now i went to this guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946
    but i couldn't see the screen shots.

i would really appreciate a step by step instructions from anyone who has done it before.simple and understandable language is appreaciated as i don't have any experience with nero nor bruning files

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

That is the guide that you need to follow, I just went to the link and the screen shots are there, they just take a while to load, try again or you could check out the bbmayo guides in my sig.

4. axmad

axmad Regular member

yes i have seen that they take some time to load. but the are some that don't even load. there is an X mark on the position of the image. i clicked on it and clicked show image but nothing at all.
    onemember's idea seems good but a bit complicated.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I will give you a simple run through.
    1. Open NeroVision
    2. Select DVD-DVD Video
    3.Click on Add Video files
    4. Highlight your movie file and click Open
    5. Files will be added to NV window, you may have to wait a while
    6.Once files are added, click Next
    7. Click Next until you reach Burn
    8. Click burn and sit back and wait.

[bold]I am using Nero7, but Nero6 and Nero 8 does the same[/bold]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[bold]Click Next again[/bold]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  6. axmad

axmad Regular member

and so i will be able to burn my files on a dvd+r and watch them on a standalone dvd player. right?

i'v done what you said but the nero seems to be burning while the is no dvd+r in the hardware it just says burning to disk. what does that mean ??

why is nero so slow. i don't mean while burning but while simply clicking a button.(you have to wait like 5 min . for just a click of a button??)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Have you tried to do this as yet?

This is the way I do mine and I dont have a problem otherwise I wouldnt have taken the time to supply this info.

8. axmad

axmad Regular member

of course i tried it .
    and i said nero seems to be burning while there isn't even a dvd in the deck.
    i was wondering where it burning to.?

when process id finished will i be able to watch my movies on a standalone player.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  9. ducky88

ducky88 Regular member

First off put a disk in the tray. Follow Gwen's step by step (good example Gwen). It will take some time for the avi file to transcode usually about 2-3 hours for a regular movie. Do you know what version of Nero you have? Some versions are buggy. Also some avi files are garbage and you could have problems adding the files.

10. axmad

axmad Regular member

i understood everything now and i thank u for that but am asking a question. will i be able to watch my movies on a standalone player after burning??

11. ducky88

ducky88 Regular member

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If this is the case then you need not ask the question!!

13. axmad

axmad Regular member

all done thanx to ya all.
    it's bruning now.
    and as ducky88 said i will be watching my files on my ps2 in no time!!

did u ask something gwendolin??

14. ducky88

ducky88 Regular member

Unless your PS2 is modified, I highly doubt you will be able to watch anything.

15. axmad

axmad Regular member

HUH?? modified???
    what's that. i got the latest slim model?? is it modified??

anyway can you rename dvd+r or add more videos??
    i forgot to name it the first place.and nero didn't allow me to burn more than 4gb

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  16. kibblz

kibblz Member

Go to future shop or best buy and get your hands on a divx compatible dvd player. Its only 50 bucks and it saves a lot of hassles at times.

17. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

Well let me put my two cents in. I am a complete beginner and I know what a lot of you guys are asking. I plan to try Gwendolyn method but that is when I get a rewriteable disk first. I didn't know you could add all theses avi files onto a dvd+-r disk and have it play like dvd-video files with out converting them and still have them fit on your disk.

This what I have tried and I am completely new at this (I only have been burning dvd's for one week now).

First I purchase Cucusoft Converter Pro 7.07 Pro because it has an built in burning engine and claims to utilize every advantage of 64bit processors for faster conversions. To me it doesn't seem all that fast compared to others. Also Cucusoft Pro 7.07 authors files as well.

First go to the advance settings feature and make sure you disable the burning engine option after Cucusoft converts and authors files. From my experience not one movie that was burned on the cucusoft burning engine works in dvd players and I have tried three different ones. Plus it burns at maximum speed and I haven't found out how to lower speeds yet.

Other than that just let it convert and don't do anything other than maybe normal web surfing. So no playing of music in background or watching movies. When Cucusoft is coverting it use almost 600mb of my memory and I have 2 gigs which 128mb is for onboard memory. I probably would get faster speeds if I got a decent graphic card to offload some of the CPU and memory tasks.

After they are authored I always go to the Video_TS folder and look at the VOB. files to make sure they are functioning correctly and sound is in synch. Then click on Nero Start Smart if you have Nero 6. On the very top where you see the section on the top/middle where it has CD/DVD, CD, DVD options highlight DVD. Then click on Nero Express (make sure you don't click on Nero vision express).

Then Click on DVD-video files. The next section should be familiar because it looks just like the section you use to add your audio files to make your audio cd.
    Go to add and click on the file you want and then highlight in the subfolder of the file you want "DVD_disk" and press add. Then press next till you get to burn.

If you are using DVD+R make sure Nero is booktyped to DVD-Rom. Now I don't know if you have to reverse this if you are making audio cd's or not but I know I have Nero and my drives booktyped to DVD-Rom and it doesn't effect my DVD-R disks.

That should be it. Make sure you half the speed of what your disk is rated for. After I burn disks they seem to act funny in my progressive scan DVD player but when I played it on my friends cheap Magnovox and my other friend's cheap chinese generic brand it played fine with no snowy artifacts, slow downs or skips or stutters and quality was a bit better than VCR quality.

18. bwb711

bwb711 Member

I have nero7 demo edition. This is the info on the file I'm trying (for days)to burn to either a cd-r or preferably a dvd-r:
    Torrents\Inside.Man[2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.torrent
    C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads\Inside.Man[2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo
    700.65 MB [100%]
    I've had so many instructions I'm now totally confussed. Get close using nero7 but get storage issues and wont burn?
    Can anyone give me simple steps using this version of nero to burn this specific (dvdrip)file?
    Thanks in advance.

19. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

To start with you should start your own thread, post a Nero log , located here

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory.tx

20. wells2u

wells2u Guest

Can you also use nero 5.5 to burn a movie you download??
    Thanks