1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW to read your XBOX's EEPROM and GET the HDD KEY WITHOUT removing the chip Or Modding the XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Unicron1, Jun 24, 2006.

1. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

I should note we all thought it was an hdd failure, which is why we got the mod in the first place.But it was a mobo failure which Is odd and I've never personally seen.See ya.

2. sryuuza

sryuuza Guest

I got to say at first I was skeptical about this whole thing... I was thinking to myself... I bet this guy just made this up... So I built it..

2780503 : 50ft Kynar Blue Wire - $3.49
    2711321 : 5pk 3.9KOHM 1/2W Resistors - $0.99
    2760150 : 1CB86 PC Board - $1.79
    6400017 : 0.5oz 6040 Solder - $1.59
    6402051 : 15watt Grounded Soldering Iron - $7.99
    2760565 : PK2 1N4733 5.1VIW Transistors - $1.29
    2761428 : 9 Position Female D-Sub (Serial) Connector - $1.79

Total = ($17.93-30%)*8.40%=$13.61

Got to say that sure beats the $70 M$ wants to fix this junker :)
    And being a RadioShack Employee only helped the situation (30%).

Oh, here is a pic..

[​IMG]

3. pi3year

pi3year Guest

hey unicron, would it be alright if I reposted this in another website to share ur tutorial...giving u credit of course...

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I think a lot of that will depend on which site it is. Why not just post a link to this tutorial, as unicron's time for support is limited.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Just to let everyone know MLOYLLO rejoined as 1MAVERICK. 1MAVERICK was banned today and his/her MLOYLLO account will be permanently deacvtivated on July 14. I don't joke around people.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Nice...Thanks for the info.

Cor it was nearly a one word post too.. lol

7. pi3year

pi3year Guest

I went through the trouble of hosting his images again and fitting everything onto this other site and and had it shut down cuz they said I need unicrons permission so to ask first...

I was wanting to put this up at xbox-scene.com

8. pi3year

pi3year Guest

also, does it matter what side the resistors,etc. go? like can they go on either side as long as u solder on the solder side? Im pretty new to the soldering and such...Ive done a chip but never made my own lil board like this before...

and also, will a 4V zener diode work? my radio shack didnt have 5V...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Ahh..you see llamma has a very good relationship with xbox-scene. Unicron has been informed of your request and will contact you in due course..

With the resistors it doesn't matter which side as long as the connection points are the same..
    Zeners..can't say. The 5v is critical but I don't know if they are there as regulators or just for overvoltage protection. :)

10. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

They Zeners must be 5.1V to conform to logic levels and they also clamp the 12V that a serial port normally sends out to 5.1V, this keeps from frying your eeprom chip which works off of 3.3V to 6V but usally 5v with a 0 volt logic zero to 3.0 logic zero anything above 3.3V is considered a logic one.

Radio Shack can order the 5.1V Zeners if you ask them to place an order in their next order to the warehouse.

As for placing my Tutor on Xbox Scene, It would be best if I place it there as I have all the files already linked and can keep the copyright intact.

Thanks, I'll look into placing a copy over there.

Unicron

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  11. pi3year

pi3year Guest

alright, sounds good...

[​IMG]

I have another n00b question...these 6 points, they are all pretty much touching, no? would it be ok to just throw a big blob of solder to cover those areas and just make all 6 points touch...would that be alright, instead of just dabbing each individual hole...Im no good at that...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  12. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

Yeah, any place that has points on the same solder pad can be joined by a nice blob of solder as long as you make sure it melts first, cold solder joints can look connected and in fact be connected but still have no electrical connection!! but if you melt some solder over the points and smooth it over with your solding iron you should get a good connection.

Unicron

13. pi3year

pi3year Guest

now whats the best way to attach to the eeprom??

14. pi3year

pi3year Guest

MAN!!! I gotta say THANKS A BILLION...it worked and I feel great cuz, well... it actually worked...lol...

thanks again!

15. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

Thats Great you got it to work!!

Now make sure to creat that backup CD afterwards!! Just follow my TUTOR at the end I give you info on how to make it. Trust me it's a life saver and makes upgrading your HDD later easy as pie!

Unicron

16. pi3year

pi3year Guest

yes sir, got her done...

now I can finally revive my old har drive that I got all these game saves on that the board died on...hopefully I can get that one to work too... its pretty tricky attaching to the eeprom

17. pi3year

pi3year Guest

what does "Bus busy or hardware error (-11)" mean...Im trying another xbox eeprom that doesnt have power too it..Im giving it power and this is what I get...

18. Dev14A

Dev14A Guest

I got my HD unlocked, but now im having trouble modding it, whats the difference between a softmod and a dashboard, cant you just replace the old dash with an new one, then you xbox is modded?

19. pi3year

pi3year Guest

man and I thought I was a n00b...lol...

nah jk maybe someone else can go more in detail but u gotta do more than just add another dash if ur softmodding cuz ur running a stock bios it only works with the stock stuff unless messed with...I dunno

well just read my other v1.6 eeprom and did it the LPC way instead of the actually gettin from the eeprom...it was a lot easier...the only trouble I was having was getting 3.3V -6V...howd u guys get it? I tried running a few AA batteries in a series and nothing... I finally took apart my cordless phone and used its battery which was a 3.6 volt...then it worked...

the only thing is Im using liveinfo beta2 and it wont read the bin file it says its not a valid V1.0 or V1.1 file but of course cuz its a V1.6...what prog will read the bin file?

20. pi3year

pi3year Guest

OK, nvm I got it...got the new version 3 and it read it...