1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

thanks, Now, how will I know if/when I'll need it? And How do I use it in conjunction with the rest of the programs? Thanks for the help.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

A good indicator when you'll need it is when DVD Shrink complains.

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

I normally just run RI4M in 1-click mode with movie only (sometimes menus too) because it's a backup and I don't want to watch all that other crap anyway. Plus it's set to use FixVTS with one click. It's kinda like a set it and forget type thing.

RI4M is such a versatile ripper that the novice can use it and the pro can too and get all they want out of it, well within reason. Try the 1-click mode and see what happens. You shouldn't have any problems with DVD Shrink since RI4M runs FixVTS in that mode.

HTH......

....gm

4. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

..............unless RI4M was installed incorrectly and the 'FixVTS' did not get installed. I would uninstall and try installing again.

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

*removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  6. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

thanks for the info, that was my next question. When I extracted FIXVTS I had to create a folder for it and in it was only a .exe icon. There was no files or program folder in my c:\ and when I went to add/remove programs it was not there. Also I could not find an option for it in rip4me, hence the integration, am I correct? So, if shrink gives me a problem, do I just open fixvts and do what? Once again thanks for the assistance. It really is a great learning op.

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You should be prompted to use FixVTS if using the wizard, if in 1-click mode you can set Ripit to automatically clean the files with FixVTS via the preferences...doing so on each title won't hurt anything.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Stickied :)

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

This is most important.. Looks like a good dose of STFU is more than overdue.[​IMG] Just because they say you are being paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you.. For all anybody knows I could be an MPAA spy, quietly logging IP's of downloads and watching who is talking about what.. and who is posting information to help people to break this stupid draconian law!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  11. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

I think there is a bit of paranoia going on relating to this "you are being watched" thing.

Whoever is behind this is getting some free scare tactic benefits without them having to do anything. Pretty good trick.

Not quite the same thing as monitoring people who are personally uploading songs where they could try to calculate some monetary damages. About the only thing I can think of where they would be interested, is if someone was using these ripping programs to make copies for sale (Piracy) or giving them away online.

I don't pay these kind of rumors much mind. What I am much more concerned about is the direction the copy protection stuff is apparently or possibly heading. If the recording industries had their way, each song or movie would be like Windows, having to buy a separate one for each machine you would play it in. Stuff like the OS, AMD, Intel doing more things technogically to allow the recording industries to have complete control on any actions you had (even playing) where it could block any action it wanted to, where copying anything would become obsolete. Now that's the stuff I think about relating to this, our hobby of copying our personal media going the way of the dinosaur.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

MikeO89, your absolutly right, if anybody was watching dont forget they would be watching anybody using clone and anydvd etc, its all hogwash, are they really watching, maybe, but who cares, dont forget making a copy for your own store bought stuff for your own personel use the law is still up in the air here in the states anyway, besides just like you said they do watch who downloads from the net is a no-no and pirates who sell, thats who they watch, if your not doing any one of those, dont get paranoid you got nothing to worry about, unless some fed has a personel nut against you, than they can do whatever they want to bust your agotts.

13. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

does anyone have a guide to using ripit4me WITH pictures...this thread is NOT allowing me to see the pictures. I have ripit4me, dvd decrypter, dvd shrink , Titlewriter , and Nero to burn please if anyone has a guide WITH pictures please IM me.

ty

T

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

15. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

thanks AA> I appreciate the help. Ont thing i noticed is when i open up ripit4me. I have version 1.7.0.112 and in preferences there is no section about opening fixvts automatically. Where it show fixvts settings on the right in the instructions, it says FIX VOBS instead. Is this the same?...if not how do i need to use fixvts to correct the vobs??

thanks again...also just as something to think about i use Titlewriter and that program allos me to take just the movie and add the orig menu back in automatically using dvd shrink. You guys outta check it out.

T

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

FixVTS should open automatically if you are using the 1 click mode. i haven't used the program as of late though being the site got shut down and doesn't update anymore so make sure you turn off "Check for Updates"

17. faction20

faction20 Member

hey whats up everyone. i've been a user of ripit4me and decrypter as well as shrink for around 6 months now. just recently i have started getting problems with my backups. now when i make a copy all that i get is the audio to the movie not the visual. which i find weird because shrink shows the video in the preview, yet in the final product i just get audio.

any suggestions?

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try doing a clean reinstall of all you're burning software

make sure you have the latest firmware update for you're drive/burner

use good blank media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim

try another program like clonedvd 2 + anydvd and see if you have the same problem.

you may have a bad burner if all else fails

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

For those interested in the demise of the Digital Digest Forum and my beloved RipIt4Me along with FixVTS here is the lowdown.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/right.html

You can still use this program for many movies, don't know what the future holds but hope another program comes along that works as good.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well hell. i dont have anything to add to this other than the man tht knows all about RIPIT4ME just spoke

@arniebear

very good to see you again. its been awile. hope everything is doing good with you. know you had some health problems and am glad to see you back. you've been missed