1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Extract and Burn a Xbox Game Tutorial(with pics)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by theridges, Jul 7, 2006.

1. theridges

theridges Guest

Ok here is a Quick Tutorial on how to Extract and Burn a Xiso...

1.So you got a hold of a Xbox game and it came in a bunch of .rar files no worries...
    first go out and download Winrar http://www.winrar.com if you dont have it already.
    Ok after you have that open up the folder the game is in it should look like this...
    [​IMG]

2. Now right click on the first .rar folder and then click extract to(whatever the folder is called)
    [​IMG]

3.ok after you extract it,it will go into a folder and should look something like this
    [​IMG]

4.Now go into the extracted folder and drag the ready to burn image onto the Desktop
    *NOTE-IF YOU TRY TO OPEN THIS .RAR FOLDER IT WILL NOT LET YOU BECAUSE IT IS AN XISO*
    [​IMG]

5.Now you have you image all you have to do is burn it,open up ImgBurn
    http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    Once its opened up go to the top and choose mode-Write like in the pic below
    [​IMG]

6.Now Click the Browse Folder and Choose the image you want to burn
    [​IMG]
    Then Click Open
    [​IMG]

7.Now put your Blank DVD-R in and click Write, I Would Burn at 4x Speed just to be safe
    there ya go...
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps for the people who were getting confused....

[bold]UPDATE[/bold]
    go to tools-settings and make sure the iso writing tab looks like the one below
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2006
  2. big89alex

big89alex Guest

thanks for the guide! i would like to chime in if i may, instead of using DVD Dycrpyter, you can also use NEro Burning Rom.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

Yea you can use the burning program of choice but this is the one most commonly used.....

4. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

nice job theridges! this would make a good sticky... ;)

5. samiec

samiec Member

but wat about the other files?

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I've just been using ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter. Seems to be working fine.

7. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

A MOD SHOULD STICKY THIS RIGHT AWAY! many people will find this useful!

8. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i thought they would.... :(

9. HitMan201

HitMan201 Member

wut if the game isn't in .rar format (in format thats in like 001, 002, 003 etc.)

10. theridges

theridges Guest

thats .rar format my friend the same as the tutorial.....just right click the first one and exract it to its name like above.....

11. HitMan201

HitMan201 Member

o nvm figured it out

12. butchaboy

butchaboy Member

thanks alot for this m8, i knew a bit about this but i was using nero and my buffer kept failing ImgBurn no probs at all

thanks again :)

13. bacon77

bacon77 Member

I dont have a dvd burner but I know how to ftp .iso files to my xbox with qwix... is there any program that will create a .iso file and save to a my comp's hdd instead of burning it to a dvd?... or is there an easier way around this problem... can I just ftp the files over to my xbox with smart ftp or something?

14. bacon77

bacon77 Member

nvm... im such a newb... i figured it out. it was alot simpler than i thought. sry

15. robando10

robando10 Member

okay, Ive never had that problem but I have a game that when I try to extract it it extracts all of the contents of the game instead of making it an ISO, and when I try to make it an ISO in qwix it still wont work on the x-box, am I just stupid or how can I fix this

16. theridges

theridges Guest

what game would this be and where did you download it from...is there an .xbe file in the files you extracted?

17. robando10

robando10 Member

yeah, I downloaded Karaoke Revolution, and it does have several .xbe files: update.xbe, downloader.xbe, default.xbe, dashupdate.xbe. So if you could tell me how to go about it I would greatly appreciate it.

18. robando10

robando10 Member

oh, and I'm not the most experienced with backing games up, so if you could please describe the process of what to do with the .xbe files in small detail it would help.

19. theridges

theridges Guest

well you should just be able to create the Xiso Using Qwix....what program and speed did you burn the game at?

20. qwerty06

qwerty06 Member

just been looking at the last couple of posts on this thread.im having the same problem.sometimes i will download a game and its just like in your directions(winrar-extract-iso-burn-nero)no problem.but on the odd occasion i will get a game and its not a rar file its just a file with a load of mixed files in it,not an iso in site.when i try a make an iso with these files using qwix the created iso is the right size but will not load at all.most files are 01-02-03file etc,and some are sfv files.eg of download http://www.dididave.com/details.php?id=19425( sorry for my life story.thanks