1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to combine the srt. file with a Video Clip file?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by HolyArrow, Jul 31, 2006.

1. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

Ok. Thanks.

2. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

I found that I can actually open multiple VirtualDubMod programs... what if I do several episodes at once?

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

All the processes will slow down drastically. the times may even double- try opening only 2 of them and start the processes, record the time it takes in total to finish both and post here- if it's 6-12 hours then forget it.

4. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

Why not just open a bunch (I'm doing 9 right now and it says 14 hours, but if I'm planning on leaving it on all day and night anyway, it wouldn't hurt, would it?

5. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I only suggested 2 just to test how long it would take :p The rest is upto you and the hard part is over (I hope).

6. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

I did 12 at a time to get all 24 episodes in 2 sessions... each time it took around 18-19 hours. Not bad.

7. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Hmm...That is pretty damn good, I'll have to try that sometime ;)

edit--
    BTW was the sound prob fixed?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  8. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

Yes, the sound was fixed, I didn't have to do anything with it. I believe it was fixed when I installed XviD. It's sort of echoey in a way when played on Windows Media Player or Real, but it's perfectly bearable. On stuff like VLC there's no echo, sounds perfect.

And FYI each episode was around an hour long.

9. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

WOW! 1 hour long, that's pretty good. Glad I could help ;)

10. HolyArrow

HolyArrow Guest

Yeah man thanks for all your help. *breathes sigh of relief*

11. sweetlust

sweetlust Guest

is there any way it could combine chinese subs?&#12288;I have tried but the character came out in gibberish >< ::cries::

12. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You would either need to use unicode encoding or make sure that you are decoding with the correct character set.

13. sweetlust

sweetlust Guest

and how can i do that??

14. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Do what? I offered two options. Second one is easier since it just involves selecting the correct character set from the drop down menu when you are loading the subs.

15. EndlessMk

EndlessMk Guest

Thanks for this guide, it was very useful and very simple to follow unlike the other ones I've come across.

Just one question though, I successfully combined my subtitles into my .avi file but when I went to encode it in tmpgenc nothing happens. The progress bar will slowly fill and the Time Estimated/Remaining numbers are calculating, but the framerate stays at zero. The Estimated time is also ridiculously high(like around 40 hours). I've tried playing the video file and it seems to be working and there's no noticeable errors in it, so I'm kind of stumped.

I did try encoding another .avi I had added subtitles to using this guide and that one started encoding normally but then aborted a minute and a half in with an error about "free roaming calculations" or something. I'm thinking these problems may be steming from my xvid codec but I'm not entirely sure and I don't want to redub the video files to find out. Am I the only one having these errors? can anybody offer any help?

Also, I just noticed that the file size on the processed .avi's is much smaller than those of the source files. Is this normal?

16. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Hard encoding subs into an avi only to then convert to mpeg is a waste of time and quality if you use a lossy intermediate codec like XviD. Faster and better quality to use say AVISynth to frameserve with the subs.

17. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

is there away to do this with a VOB file?? i've tried for 3 days and unsuccessful :(

18. najohodo

najohodo Guest

HOLY CRAP!!! YOU CAN COMBINE THOSE THINGS!!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!! I WISH I WAS MAGIC LIKE ALL OF YOU. THAT WAY I COULD HAVE BACON ANYTIME OF THE DAY I WANTED TO. AND DOUGHNUTS. DOUGHNUTS ARE NICE.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ignore the retarded post prior to mine, Care in the Community and all that

20. NitroGSR

NitroGSR Member

dude...i tried ur method but i hv a problem....at this part u said:

the thing is, i do not have the textsub selection for me in the list. u can see it in the attachment that i attached here. am i missing something??

[​IMG]

if the picture is not there..click here

pls help...as i am totally lost here...thanks a mill

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006