1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Buy An Original Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Spenman91, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I just recently decided that I want an Xbox. I already have a 360 and when I bought it I thought the backwards compatiability was going to be pretty good, then I found out that it will only play 3 of my original Xbox games. I looked at Gamestop and their back ordered there, and I don't think any stores like Bestbuy even sell them any more, and also I've looked on Ebay but I would prefer not to go that route if possible. Thanks

2. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

just google it

3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I thought about doing that but I was going to check and see if you all knew any good trusted sites because I'm not too sure with some sites, you know if I'm getting ripped off or not.

4. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

There is always Ebay

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yea but they all want like $125 out of theirs plus shipping. But I think my cousin is going to sell me hers, I just thought I would have been able to get one for $100 or cheaper.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Go to Gamestop and get a refirbished one.
    $99.99 with a game.
    Trust me they are just as good as new, which will be a lot harder to find since every store i know got rid of them when the 360 came out.
    I have one from there, but i had mine modded with a chip.
    But i know that is where the person said that they got it and i have not had a problem in the year i have had it.

7. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Thanks for the reply but, I went to gamestop and they were sold out and then I went on their website and it said back ordered for every Xbox console. Otherwise I would get it there becuase I trust Gamestop.

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try EB and Babbage's as well, since they're both part of the same company as GameStop.

9. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I looked online and EB is also back ordered, but I'll try the actuall store. If they don't have any like I said my cousin said she'd sell me hers but, she didn't name a price she asked how much I was willing to pay for it, how much do you all think is a good price, BTW it hasn't been played but a few times.

10. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Well, how's your friendship with your cousin? It's more a matter of how much money you want to give her for it, and whether or not you'd feel guilty about giving her too little.

I say give her $80 if works properly, only because it's your cousin.

11. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Well I wouldn't have asked except that I know somebody that bought one for $40. So I didn't know if it was more of that price or more around $100. But yea I think $80 is a good price.

12. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

My brother's bought PS2's from his friends for $40 a piece, so I understand where you're coming from.

13. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

man that's cheap $40 a piece.

14. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yeah it is, I think $70 or $80 would be a decent price though. It hasn't been played but around 3 times and they just got it around last December, I could be wrong though, did they still make Xbox around that time?

15. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

If you want an Original XboX i have an offer for you. Obviously this will sound seedy to you... Modded XboX with a pissload of games on it, 4 controllers, dvd hookup, etc etc etc. headset, live, some 3 month coupons (even though you can't use em cuz of the mod) All of this goodness in a package wrapped in newspaper (wrapping optional) for $160.

It all works 100% let me know.

16. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but is it not against the rules to try to sell things on here like that, also "with a p**sload of games on it"........is that not piracy?

17. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

Not if i add this!!! "Disclaimer: All games were legally purchased at a purveyor of fine softwares. Intentions are to distribute royalties to each of the companies from which games have taken. The message contained herein is soleley the opinion of the writer and not of the site 'Afterdawn.com'."

18. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Well thanks for the offer but $160 is more than I want to spend.

19. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

I am unsure why it would be illegal to sell an xbox or any other accessories on a site like this, short of copyright infringement. However this website is not selling for profit, MY xbox, and neither am I. I am simply making a proposal to a fellow poster. If further actions are to be taken it will be privately and not through the facilitation of illegally modified video game systems retailing through this website.

Thanks AfterDawn.com You guys are wicked.

20. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

And I still think that it's against the rules to sell things on afterdawn, I may look at your product if it is on Ebay.