1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Buy An Original Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Spenman91, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

But as I said $160 is more than I wanted to spend.

2. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

That is the price with all the accesories and stuff factored in. tell me what you are looking for in an email to: NO ONE@NOWHERE.com and i will get back to you so we don't get in trouble for using afterdawn as a 3rd party marketplace.

ok so apparently i have to put my email in a PM and not in a Public message....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I understand your intentions are good, and I appriciate your offer but It is against the forum rules to post your e mail address, I would suggest editing it from your post and then send me a PM perhaps.

4. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

"I understand that your intentions are good.."

Then you don't know me.

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I'm sorry but, what do you mean by that?

6. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

When i offered you the xbox i wasn't doing it to be anice guy, i was doing it because I have a useless old xbox and you have cash... we both want what the other has... i could care less what you do with the xbox. Basically i just wanted money. Not illegally, not wrongfully, just wanted it.

Thats what i meant when i said that.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Actually, that whole proposal really is against the forum rules. If you wanted to make an offer, you should have just sent him a PM in the first place, and kept your conversation private to begin with.

Spenman91, I suggest just buying that Xbox off your cousin. At least that way you know exactly what you're getting into, and both you and your cousin will be happier.

8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yea thats what I'm going to do. I thought him doing that was against the rules.

9. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

The only reason I was thinking about doing that deal with him was because his was modded. But I'm sure with all the things on here about modding surely I can figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  10. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

I would suggest you find someone who knows the innards of an xbox and let them put the chip in... don't forget, if you break your box trying to mod it microsoft will not be keen on replacing it.

And yes, i was thinking about it last night... The hassles involved in organizing payment and shipping would be very very unworth the end product.

Best of luck (i love regular xbox myself)

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Actually, Xbox modding is at the point where it's easier to use a soft mod rather than installing a chip.

The hardest part is getting the exploit onto your Xbox hard drive. The rest is rather straight forward.

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I can softmod it in sbout 5 minutes, I have a memory csrd with everything I need on it, I just don't know how to upgrade the HDD. I know how to put new HDDs in computers and different things like that I've just never opened an Xbox before.

13. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

Once again I will say. Hard or soft mod...take it to someone who has taken a box apart before so you don't throw your 80 bucks in the trash. Because by trying o tinker with and install a new hdd in the xbox that you've never seen the inside of is a risky move. But, i guess if you have the money to buy another XboX everytime it screws up go for it. In the end you will be happier letting someone put the drive in for you. (probably better off financially too)

14. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

Ha ha, although if you really want to be smart you will invest the amunt you'd pay for someone to install the hard drive and buy a book on XboX schematics (or just systems wiring) and learn how to do it yourself, then charge othes to do it too... pretty easy money on the side. When i get my xbox modded it cost me 200 with the chip, 120gb hdd and installation. The guy makes about $45 a pop, and it takes him about 2 hours a system.. for $22.50/hr alot of people would be convinced.

Sorry for the irrelevance, this is just an aside

15. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I'm supposed to help somebody mod an Xbox in a few days (I don't know if we are doing a hard or softmod, so that should give me some experience, also I'm thinking about doing mine at the same time. But I've got a question, If we do one Xbox right and it works could I somehow just copy that drive to my new HDD (not the stock one in the Xbox but a new 120GB drive)? I'm asking this because I know you have to lock the HDD and do something with the eeprom file, also I know there is some issue with the HDD being locked to the motherbord. Sorry, I know I don't have all my stuff straight but I do know a little bit about it.

16. Boberto96

Boberto96 Member

To be honest i have never done this myself. I am very limited in terms of my technical knowledge of video game systems. I am more of a self-acclaimed gameplay analyst. Haha, from what you have said though, it makes sense that you should be able to transfer between the 2 new hard drives.

Let me ask around and find out for sure what you need to do for that.

17. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Alright, Thanks.

18. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

If you have access to a chipped Xbox, you can use Config Magic with it to lock the 120GB to yours.

Quick summary:
    1. Soft mod your Xbox.
    2. Backup everything important (game saves, the dash, etc.)
    3. Grab the EEPROM info from both Xboxs.
    4. Unlock the chipped Xbox's hard drive.
    5. Install the new hard drive into the chipped box.
    6. Format it using an autoinstaller such as Slayer's or AID.
    7. Transfer your soft mod onto it. If you like, transfer everything else as well.
    8. Using Config Magic, configure the chipped Xbox to have the same EEPROM as yours.
    9. Lock the new hard drive. At this point, the new hard drive is ready for use.
    10. Reinstall the chipped Xbox's original drive, then configure the chipped Xbox back to it's original EEPROM.
    11. Lock the hard drive on the chipped box.

Provided everything is done properly, there shouldn't be any problems. However, be warned, that doing it with two Xbox's can be hazardous if you don't use Config Magic properly. Missing steps can completely ruin a previously successful install.

The actual guide:
    http://xbox-scene.com/articles/exploit-hd-upgrade-modded-xbox.php

19. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Ok I think I've got it, thanks for the help. BTW just read the tutorial and it looked pretty simple. Things should work out because I'm pretty sure we are going to install a mod chip in one Xbox and I want mine softmodded with a new HDD, so it should be just like the tutorial.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  20. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Exactly. Back when my Xbox was still chipped (chip died, or a wire came loose, so I just removed all the wires and softmodded it), I did that same procedure to throw a 200 GB hard drive into a friend's Xbox. As long as you're careful, it's not too dificult a task.