1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading embedded video: .swf files

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by CiDaemon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

@laceII

I've answered your question in PM, but in case you missed it this is the url I got:

http://211.39.147.70/daumblog/1001/3/2123503.flv

This may or may not be correct, as it was a bit of a long shot. If not, tell me and I'll keep looking.

2. LaceII

LaceII Member

^ CiDaemon,

Oh my gosh, you totally rock;
    How do you do it?

Thank-Q so much; now if I manage to convert it to avi or mpeg I'll be in video heaven lol!

Thank-Q again for dong this <3
    It's genuinely appreciated ^__^

3. mediadv

mediadv Member

CiDaemon

I just stumbled on this thread, and hope that you can help. I have been trying to capture a show from ABC.com so that I can watch it on my TV instead of my PC. I read through your SWF tutorial, but "Page Info" is not an option in the window that pops-up when the video is playing. The URL that hosts the shows is:

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Any ideas?

4. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

ABC, beng a corporate group, uses every measure possible to secure their media. Their streaming server ( http://wdig.fcod.llnwd.net ) has a "controlled access" setup, which means that it screens requests for media, and only permits those which come from ABC itself. For this reason, I can find the video, but there is no way to access it, since I am not accessing it from ABC's IP. Here's one of the URL's, just for example: http://wdig.fcod.llnwd.net/a339/o2/abc/streaming/episodes/LOST_306_IDo_1203426_highband.flv
    you'll find upon clicking on it that there is a blank page, this is because the access controller has denied you access to the media.

The only way I can thing of getting these videos is using a screen recorder.

5. sangbang

sangbang Member

6. sangbang

sangbang Member

If not that link:

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/1/1000/0900029001603m.wmv

7. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

8. sangbang

sangbang Member

Thankies ^_^

9. lecki

lecki Member

hi, can u rip those too? i tried everything but iam really helpless..

<embed src='http://www.atomfilms.com:80/a/autoplayer/shareEmbed.swf?keyword=filthy_food' width='426' height='350'></embed>

i would like get it in 300k stream or even 700k

and would be nice, when its possible to explain me how

thxxxxxxxxxx a lot and a nice chrismas to u guys

10. boston5

boston5 Member

Having the same issue as previous poster when trying to download embedded streaming content from AtomFilms.com. Any clues or FAQ that I can read to allow me to do this?

11. Rachel88

Rachel88 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2006
  12. dc09

dc09 Guest

13. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

@atomfilms people:

My first post contains a guide for AtomFilms.

14. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

@Rachel88:

Here's what you do, forgive the lack of images, but it's 3 AM. I hope you don't mind and can do it without an illustrated walkthrough ;)

1: Open the video of your choice (the WMV, not the Real Player version)

2: When the popup window opens, right-click (outside of the actual video) and choose "View Page Info...".

3: Go to the Media Tab, there should be only one entry. Right click and choose "Copy".

4: Add it to the end of the host URL, it should be in this format (only an example): http://www.genuine-imitation-life-gazette.com/Video/AEMBJBx.wmv .

5: Hit enter, choose save.

15. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

@dc09

These videos are Real Player videos, not flash .swf videos. This page is also written in Microsoft ASP, which I thoroughly detest. This forum is for flash videos specifically, but even if I wanted to try this site, I wouldn't know where to start; this page and these videos aren't in a format that I understand to the point of being able to figure out.

16. boston5

boston5 Member

Hello there---

Yes, worked through your first post about AtomFilms several times. Since your original post, I believe things have changed over at the AtomFilms website.

Now the embedded videos run with an advertisement in AUTOPLAY mode.

I'll try your instructions again. But for films that I'm looking to download (Harvie Krumpet & Rabbit) the AUTOPLAY feature seems to put the kabash on your step-by-step guide.

Thanks for the response!

17. boston5

boston5 Member

To be more specific, when searching the PAGE INFO for the EMBED files, where there probably used to be a URL for an EMBEDDED film, now it's replaced by an EMBEDDED autoplayer.swf. Frustrating....

18. lecki

lecki Member

well, its work for flash movies, but not for bedded movies. i really would like to get 3 movies from there..

19. dc09

dc09 Guest

Thanks for taking the time to look at the site. I'm sad that I can't download the videos but I'll live. :p

20. CiDaemon

CiDaemon Regular member

You're absolutely right; atomfilms has overhauled their video engine system....it now is based 100% on JavaScript. I have found the .js file that controls the video assimilation into the container, but seeing as I have very little experience with javascript, I cannot totally decypher how it works or how to cheat it. Perhaps someone with JS coding experience could help here; if so, post and I'll send you the .js file that I recovered (it's pretty long, else I would post it here).