Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

greensman its up to three PX-716As now lol

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If you get a Pioneer 111D, flash it with Buffalo patched firmware to give it booktyping ability. Makes for a much better drive afterwards.

V good drive there.

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oh! it's 3 now, excuse me. lol. I guess they work well since you have 3 or do you have 2 on the shelf dead. hehehe.

Hey Ripper long time no see. :) You get your message in your shoutbox?

Who do you know that has the Pioneer 111D? Do they like it? I know that docTY has the 109D and thinks highly of it. He also has the buffalo f/w upgrade. :)

Something to at least think about cincyrob, I know you had your heart set on the LH-18A1P but at least you have some options if you can't get the drive to work. ;-)

......gm

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Check your shoutbox ;-)

And urm, I'm useless at thinking off the top of my head, but I think herbsman has one? Lol. I could get you a list later if you want :p

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ripper,
    A list isn't necessary, lol, I just wanted to talk so someone that has one in case one of us want to make the plunge/move to a Pioneer. :) I have the 106D but it's 3-4 years old and the firmware that I have is almost 3 years old. Good burner but obsolete now. I'll give the shoutbox a check right now. ;-)

.....gm

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@aabbccdd

no need to stay clear of this drive... to many people here ahve this one and im just the only one that got one thats buggered up. it is going back and gonna get another one. think ill go with the retail version or maybe the 20x.. havent made up my mind...

@Greensman..

ive tried everything with it switched the drive around from master to slave twice. used the 16x to burn the ty's just fine but the 18x wont do it other than the 1 time i got that awsome burn up there.. used nero express to get it.. tried nero recode2 and it wouldnt burn the TY's clonedvd2 won burn the TY's i dont know what to do with it other than send it back.... greensman does your booktype automaticlly or do you use the booktype utility???

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

I booktype it with the utility or with IMGBURN. I really like the consistancy of IMGBURN and the ease of the program. I also use DVDShrink more because I take out everything but the menu's and movie, so therefore I don't need something like DVD-RB that much or worry about extreme compression issues. Nero Recode2 works well too but for some reason I'm old school and use what I'm comfortable with.

I'm sure I'll make the transition to DVD-RB but I got tired of waiting on it when I was having the problems with my mobo. :)

....gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

see anydvd and clonedvd2 has me spoiled.. the easyest by far. as far as imagburn goes im not to fond of iso ripping to.many steps for me..plus i have never figured imageburn out????? i knowthe same guy did dvddecrypter but i just havent tried imageburn enough....that why it bugs mei cant get the ty's to burn with clonedvd2

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

ImgBurn is not that bad - will autobook type too (set by default)

Why not try ripping an iso w/ CloneDVD (pick iso output) then burn the iso w/ ImgBurn. Write mode, add iso, change burn speed and burn.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@binkie7

i might give that a try tonight when i get home. see if i can burn to a ty that way..

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Let us know. Not that bad. One good thing about ImgBurn is it gives you the 'true' burn speed unlike Clone, Nero etc.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hello friends. It's a wonderful morning if you like to be at home with a sick little girl. Just a little temp issue so she should be back at school tomorrow. Yeah! No more staying up til 2 am worrying and checking temp every 2 hours or so. Well enough about my sick kiddies. lol.

Had some time last night to do some experimenting and funnin around. lol. Here are some scans and I changed the colors just to make your eyes cross. LOL.
    I had to try this since I have the 18X burner, not to impressed and haven't watched it yet but it made it to 17.5X with IMGBURN before she finished at about the 5:26 mark. EDIT: Just to add the disc played fine except for 2 spots near the end, a momentary pause and some small pixelation. That's why I don't think we're ready for 16X or 18X burning. JM2C. :) And yes she's been thrown out!
    [​IMG]
    This is about what I'm looking for but nowhere near the 100 or less on PIF's I would like to see. UnJust2U hasn't been back in a while but he is still my hero. LOL.
    [​IMG]
    New colors just to keep your eyes busy. Same disc and very similar numbers. :)
    [​IMG]

Hope every one is having a great day. :):):)

.....gm

@binkie7, Good ideas, nice of you to add to cincyrob's possible cure. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i used imageburn after i ripped with clonedvd. and burned to a 8x+r TY... with the 18x liteon. got a so so burn here is the scan...
    talked to docTY bout the problem not being able to burn onto TY media.. he thinks cause the drive is so new and it is a taiwanesse drive that it recognises all the made in taiwan media and not the made in Japan.. said to just keep trying different ways to burn the TY's until it learns the media.. so it looks like i might have to burn with imageburn awhile.. or until liteon does a FW update to include the MIJ media.. i hope this is true.. still kinda dont make sense seeing other have the same drive and not this problem.. and has the same FW....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    now is that pretty or what..lol with imageburn it maxed the burn speed out to 8.2 as its fastest...

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    I don't think they get much better than that. Now see I've been telling you all along that IMGBURN is a great program. LOL. To complicate things I think you should try ripping with RI4M on the movie and menu only setting then chose Nero Recode2 or DVDShrink to size your image to a DVD-5. Then you could try Nero Express or IMGBURN to burn your new image. Just something to think about. I know that you like CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD but another proven method won't hurt anything. :)

I'll do a TY YUDEN T02 in the hour or so and give the results. :p

.....gm

edit: As promised a YUDEN T02 burned at 8X with IMGBURN.

[​IMG]

Pretty good and consistent burn, almost a 98 but that one little spike killed it. ;-)

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sorry to double post but I had to show you the new colors and 98 score. I re-scanned the same disc to check out the new colors and looky, looky, we gotty 98. lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey cincyrob I'll do another backup and scan with Nero to see if I have any problems with that method. :)

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.

i cant see the scans here at work. are they TY's?+r?i think i got a bad drive thats it. i tried another TY with clone before i left for work and got another coaster.... i beleive its going back.... im gonna get the retail version... i mean if all i wanted to do was allways rip to HDD and burn with imageburn im good to go..

speaking of imageburn i know the guy that made dvddecrypter made imageburn.. i know decrypter has a bruteforce part of it to muscle the burn... maybe that the reason i can burn the TY's with imageburn and not anything else??? im just grsping at air here...

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh I here ya buddy. I grasped at air for months with that silly mobo. I really think there is either software problems beyond me on your computer or you just need to send it back and see what happens. I know you'll be out of a drive for a while but hey just use the SHW-160 for everything. You know that drive is good. :)

Ok another burn and guess what another score of 98. Home on the Range for the kiddies. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything looks pretty good with this scan except for the spike on the PIE graph. The PIF's are low and the PIE's are consistent minus the one spiked area.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i can allways put my hp drive back in untill the new one gets here. so it not like im gonna be minus a drive.

i do know this 18x drive is fast. reading ripping everything.. i redid saw3 with shrink and it flew through it reading and encoding.. like 12 mins that is fast as hell for my system

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

opps double post sorry hit the send post button to fast..lol

oh yea 2 98's in one day is against forum rules..... think you might need to re read the rules again...LMAO

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thought that I would add these pics. I downloaded AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to check compatability with my system and LH-18A1P basically for my buddy cincyrob. Start to finish under 22 minutes for movie and menus I think. lol. Anyway about 24% compression on the disc. :)
    Shows the time and what I used for the process. :)
    [​IMG]
    Stats........
    [​IMG]
    Little disappointed with Elby's backup system. LOL. 95 score ain't that bad just razzin my buddy. hehehe.
    [​IMG]

...gm

@cincyrob,
    HTH in some way. I don't know what else to do for you but I think you have some problems with that drive. I think that my drive was manufacured in 11/2006 and is the OEM version. Maybe I got lucky or you were unlucky. With all that said at least you can send it back if you believe you were UNLUCKY. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.