Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well since I couldn't find anything that really interested me that was new I decided to go with something that is good but not recent. :)

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Burned at 6X on the DW1800
    [​IMG]

Temple of Doom: burned at 8X on the DW1800
    [​IMG]

The Last Crusade: burned at 12X on the DW1800
    [​IMG]

Thinking about trying the next one at 16X just for poo-poo's and haa-haa's. I'm not liking the extreme numbers of PIE's but the PIF's aren't bad at all. :)

...gm

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Well, since no one has specified that this has to be a movie burn, here is a recovery disk which isn't too shabby.

[​IMG]

Here's a new burn for me, not too shabby also:

[​IMG]

@gm

Those are some good scans for Riteks! My BenQ used to love them!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit I flashed the Lite-On LH-18A1P to a BENQ DW1800 just for fun. I couldn't wait for the next f/w update and now that I did it's here. LOL. LINK to f/w update for LH-18A1P.

If you have a LH-20 Series I think there's new f/w for it too. LINK

codeguys link

OK on to TOPIC of scanning. ;)

RITEK R05 burned at 16X with the BENQ DW1800 which I'm about to flash to the new LITEON f/w. ;)
    [​IMG]
    It seems that these discs don't mind a little speed writing. I still don't like the high PIE's but the PIF's are pretty low. I'm also not liking the Jitter on this speed burn either. I might try one at 18X just for fun too, why not, right? :p

....gm

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you go speed racer..lol wheres your little monkey boy???lol
    is that liteon lh-18A1P f/w update one from liteon or from the codeking? you know who im talkin about..lol

some good looking scans but like you said the pie's are a little high. but good Pif's..

i just cant get over how bad a time it is for movies right now this just sucks.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i just went to that site for the fw update. thats not a new fw its the one my newest LH-18A1P came with GLOF. it says it came out yesterday. i got this drive in feb. then updated to GLOG i wonder if it has something added to the GLOF??? has me confused big time

edit to add this
    2/20/07 is when i got my drive with the GLOF in it, then on 3/17/07 i updated it to GLOG..now on 6/22/07 GLOF is out again???

edit again to add this..lol
    the FW from cdfreaks says its GLOH. but thats not what liteon has?? oh whats a guy to do???lol

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Go here and d/l first file for you Lite-On buddy. :) It's the GLOH f/w don't worry. ;)

...gm

Got a basketball game in less than 30 so be back in a couple of hours. :)

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wtf i download it, ran the install now my drive isnt there? device manager doesnt show it as a drive??

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i got it working.. had me scared for a second.. heres the first screen shot

[​IMG]

heres the scan of cars with the GLOF on a 8x+r TY hub printable.. not a problem one with it.put the disc in and brunt without a problem looks like liteon might have finally got it right on this one.. did get a spike up to 3 but a good scan very low PIE's

[​IMG]
    oh yea it was burnt @ 8x also

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I agree with you cincy, looks like liteon might have hit the nail on the head.

Here's a shorty burned with the updated firmware for my litey:

[​IMG]

Totals could be lower but I'm pleased with the PIF peaks.

Oh, burned with Nero @ 8X (max for this media).

Also, I'll do a reburn on one I did last night, should give a good comparison of the update.

10. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Here's the comparison. Oh, burned with Nero @ 4X.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost identical burns. Hopefully as I burn more with this firmware it will get better.

BTW, the burn with the new f/w was with online hypertuning, forced hypertuning & overspeed turned off. Have now turned online hypertuning on, left the others alone.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well look at this bad boy. no 98 but for it being the 8x+r ty that i have had a problem with on my LH-18A1P before the new FW update. this is sweet speacially from the 2 gig mark on, all the way out to the edge without a spot on it....this should have been a 98....plus under 7000 Pie's and under 50 Pif's

for those if you that know my problem with the 8x media on this drive. i no longer have that problem...lol

@hobbit
    yes liteon got it right on this update...

@greensman

you might wanna give this one a try....

[​IMG]

12. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob,

Fantastic scan cincy!

Looks like I need to find a reason to pull out my TYs for a test burn!

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i was kinda scared to try them again on the 18x drive but this new firmware update seems to have fixed the problem with the 8x media. that last scan was too sweet. take out that little spike at the beginning adn thats almost a perfect scan.. i have about 7 of them hub printable 8x+r TY's and about 10-12 non printable 8x+r TY's but i did just get me 50 of the 16x+r TY's to play with.. might just have to get some more 8x...lol

14. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Went looking for a reason to do some more burning (to test the new firmware) and found one!

These are in time order. The 3rd one is a batch of -R TYs (silver printable).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From looking at the advanced tab in ImgBurn, the new Liteon firmware has appears to have native OverSpeed, Forced Hypertuning & Online Hypertuning.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  15. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Got a new toy to play with with a Matshita UJ-841S drive. Testing it out with some -Rs. Initial burns with DLs not too good. I hope they improve or I'll look seriously at swapping out the drive with something that's good (and scans!).

In chronological order, burned with ImgBurn @ 4X.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

heres a Verbatin DVD+r DL i did

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@MichaelP1

Not too bad for a DL! Nice layer-break too. What speed did you burn @ & w/what prog?

18. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

burned at 4x using clonedvd 2 to transcode and burn

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit,
    I would consider trading that drive in for something of "more or better" quality. I know that the Matshita's are not known for being quality drives for burning, and that's more important than scanning at this point. :p

You might consider another Lite-On but maybe the LH-18A1P instead. :) I looked the other day and they or the 20X were on sale again at Newegg. With these new f/w and the additions that C0deKing programs into the fb and eos f/w you almost can't beat the drive for the money. NOW I like the Pioneer too, so a choice in that direction isn't bad either. ;)

....gm

edit: btw hobbit I have a package to mail to you. You still able to convert VHS? PM me with the news. :) thanks!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Looking for recommendations for laptop dvd burner replacement. This MatSHITa is named correctly. From what I've read, I've been lucky not to have any problems ripping.

Hasn't been the greatest burning either. No burn failures but +R TYs scoring in the 70-60s at a 4-8x burn. Lets not talk about burning DLs, they're a mess and only burn @ 2.4x

On the lighter side, I've figured out how to use up my Ritek DLs in a hurry! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.