1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create an Xbox ISO using Qwix v1.01 & Burn with Nero...Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PAN5Y, Dec 3, 2006.

1. digdamdoo

digdamdoo Member

I have tried so many times to get a disk to burn correctly for use in my modded xbox. If I FTP to the HD it works fine. If I burn that same data, the xbox doesnt recognize it. I have used several different brands of DVD, Maxell, Imation, Verbatim. Nothing seems to work, I can see that all the files are there, but the xbox wont load the disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bigkombo

bigkombo Member

3. bigkombo

bigkombo Member

hi, i was wondering if it was completely necesary to cennect the xbox to the pc to create an .iso image; or just the downloaded files can be converted to .iso and then burned into a dvd

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's fine. ^^

5. blue3c

blue3c Guest

Funny Qwix is not in the downloads or software section here. So how is it I am to search there.

6. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

ummm...lol

Google, download.com

7. blue3c

blue3c Guest

Yah edited by ddp I can do a search. But I am not the one who wrote

So instead of maybe trying to be cool with the whole "well umm duh, google". Try reading what your typing next time, edited by ddp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  8. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

Do I have to have a FTP program like FlashFXP in order to use qwix?

9. digdamdoo

digdamdoo Member

Regarding the burning on DVD+R...I tried EVERYTHING to get my xbox to read the backups...I mean everything. Nothing worked, until I used DVD-R, stupid thing will only read them. Switch over to DVD-R and you should be fine.

Cheers

10. mikexb03x

mikexb03x Guest

Great Tut... but I have a problem. It doesn't work for me and I don't know why please help me.

11. mikexb03x

mikexb03x Guest

I need to know how to get a dashboard other than the standard microsoft one. Also where do I put my game to make the iso file?

12. diceone

diceone Member

does this only work on non MS dashboards?
    I have a modded xbox and a stock one.

will this disc play in both?

13. imryan

imryan Member

what the *bleep* im so sick of this shit please excuse my language but everytime i try to burn an iso, it always says there is no disc in the drive when there IS. please help me or pm me or whatever....but utherwise great tut

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  14. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

are u sure its in iso form and not rar

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  15. corn

corn Guest

16. corn

corn Guest

Backuped my first Xbox game!! Works like a charm, thanks man!!

17. tytyty123

tytyty123 Guest

i have v5 xbox with x3 modchip i install,when turn on it say flash bios 301.i try over 50 cds to flash my modechip.i will pay someone to send me a know cd bios for 20us dollar,please.email me *removed* fpr address.please i need real help.i set the swich to no no off off off the red on.when booting up it show x3 modchip 2048.please my first time i having been trying for four months.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  18. Henshin

Henshin Member

Sorry to say this, but the guide seemed incomplete. It was not step-by-step from start to finish guide. I just think its a bad guide because I couldn't do anything with it.
    What about how to FTP into the XBOX?

19. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Henshin, please alter your sig to fall within the limits set in the rules..
    Signatures

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

Violation of these rules does not lead to an immediate ban. However if requested user must edit his or her signature to fit these guidelines.

To read the forum rules fully, please check the link in my sig.

Thanks

20. Guitrhero

Guitrhero Member

Hey guys.
    I seem to be having some problems with Qwix,i followed the simple steps(creating an iso of Pacman world 3) but when i put it into my xbox it reads it as a data disk?.I used DVD Decrypter to burn the file btw.

Also this is the file i downloaded http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/726010/Pac_Man_World_3_PAL_XBOX_PaL there is a chance the problem is cause by the file names? any advice would be great.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007