1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I DOWNLOADED THIS .ISO FILE.WHAT DO I DO?(guide)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bunny_c, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Do you sometimes download things and in the containing folder find a .iso file?

This step by step guide will show you how to use (mount) .iso files

let's start by explaining what .iso files are.

What are .iso files

An ISO image (.iso) is an informal term for a disk image of an ISO 9660 file system. More loosely, it refers to any optical disc image, even a UDF image.
    Definition from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.iso

To use and profit from .iso files you will need a mounting tool which will mount the .iso files.

here is a definition or explanation of what image mounters do:
    A disk image emulator is computer software designed to emulate a disk image, usually of a CD or DVD, on a local hard drive. The emulation is usually done by creating a virtual drive on the system, that to the operating system looks like an ordinary disk drive.
    in short, it puts a permanent copy of a disc on a hard drive, making the disc accessible when the disc isn't in the computer.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_image_emulator

Download daemon tools to mount the files.(daemon tools works only on pc). http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
    when installing Daemon Tools, remember to uncheck toolbar installation ;-) if i remember right, toolbar contains whenU adware.. and who needs toolbars on IE =) we use Firefox ;)

once the program installed, you will need to reboot your computer for it to work.I really insist you do because without doing so, the program will not work.then come right back to the guide to continue.

now that you've installed daemon tools,you should see this in your tray.(it can be green red...any color)

[​IMG]

now,right click the icon for daemon-tools in the tray bar and go to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM > Set number of devices > 1
    Now all you are going to need to do is locate the .iSO file and let daemon tools do it's work.

Right click daemon tools once again,go to "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" then go on the device and click on mount image.
    For now things should look like this:

[​IMG]

All that's left to do is to locate the .ISO file and double click it.

You're all done.
    If nothing happens just go to "My computer" and double click on the virtual drive you mounted.

SKIP this next part if everything has worked fine and you didn't get an error message.

Sometimes the program recognizes that it's a fake drive and gives you an error message saying"please insert correct cd",in this case you will need to use a program that will hide the fact that it's a fake drive.

You can download some here(under CD protection utility):

my favourite(SD4HIDE) : http://www.dvhardware.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=60

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml#SafeDisc 4 Hider

THAT's it, it's that easy.

I tried to keep this guide short and easy,if you're experiencing any problems please be sure to inform me.

http://apple.kudosnetwork.co.uk/?ref=2656

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I see nothing? is this guide complete? i also have a question, what would be the benefit of mounting an ISO image? for viewing before burning?

3. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

iit's all done now.
    "what would be the benefit of mounting an ISO image? for viewing before burning?"
    see image file defenition.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Nice guide! Easy and affective.

I prefer Elby's clone drive myself since I can select up to 8 VD but daemon tools is a great tool aswell. plus I don't have to reb0ot...I hate reboots :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  5. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Thanks geestar.

i wrote this one because the question is so frequently asked that i just had too.
    plus i enjoy doing it.

ps : give me a link to elby's guide please.

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  7. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

thanks.
    seems very similar but maybe the actual program is better.
    i've never tried clonedrive even though i've heard of it.
    i shall try soon.

8. ganglead

ganglead Member

dose it really put a virus on your comp is there a way top remove it or is ther a better programn to use

[​IMG]

9. ganglead

ganglead Member

dose it really

10. cummins

cummins Guest

Thank you i have been looking for a way to do this for ages! I will tell you if it works! Do u have any ideas on where i can get good iso's??

11. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

this does not put a virus on your computer.
    the man that said so is a worong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
  12. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

i couldn't tell you my freind.there are a lot of them.

13. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

frerscash's message removed, this program does not contain any virus

edit: when installing daemon tools, remember to uncheck toolbar installation ;-) if i remember right, toolbar contains whenU adware.. and who needs toolbars on IE =) we use Firefox ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Stickified :)

'sup Janne :)

15. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

thanks for adding that janne, I'll add that info to the guide.

16. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

cummins, you can get some good torrents at : www.torrentz.com

17. cummins

cummins Guest

Thanks mate and it worked perfectly! I am playing HALO 1 on my p.c ands it all free woooooooooooo!!!!!!!

18. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Thanks mate and it worked perfectly! I am playing HALO 1 on my p.c ands it all free woooooooooooo!!!!!!!

NO problem cummins,i'm happy that i was able to help out.

19. cummins

cummins Guest

Just wondering BUNNY C!! Its a long shot but do you play halo 2 on xbox live because i have a mate called bunnie???/

20. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

sorry mate,not me.
    don't have an xbox,I'm thinking of getting one though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.