1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-ClonerIV

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by validity, Jan 23, 2007.

1. validity

validity Member

WARNING ABOUT DVD-CLONER4. DON'T BUY IT.

If anyone is thinking about purchasing this software, don't. The site where you purchase it www.dvd-cloner.com/order.html has a 100% money back guarantee on it. However when you try and use the software like I did and it failed on the first attempt, good luck trying to get a refund. After my research I found it is a Utah company and the owner is registered as Jerry Rotelato. The only phone number offered can't accept messages because it is full. DVD-Cloner.com is a shell company and appears to have China connections. It is owned by Hermanstreet.com. To supposedly get a refund for DVD-Cloner4 you have to go to this site. Is it possibly by design that this information is not given at the DVD-Cloner site??

I bought the software on Jan 10, 07 and tried to get tech support through their Web site on the same day. I gave them the required information such as the DVD I was using, the error mesasages I was getting, my system configuration, et cetera. After one week I received an e-mail from Marc Rotelato asking for the same information again like he didn't read the technical reports ( I had three ticket numbers). The guarantee for callback was 24 hours. Forget it. Nobody from tech support responds.

After over 10 e-mails over two weeks from four different people, all asking for the same exact information supplied in the beginning, I get an e-mail from yet another person stating that I would not be allowed a refund. Now, this person states, if I can supply proof that I had communicated with their technical support (remember the 3 tech support tickets?) they may open the incident....RIGHT!!!

Do not buy anything from Hermanstreet.com or any of their shells. You will be sorry.

Check out this web site for other comments on their second revision. I'm sure they have a new revision each month to spur sales. Some say is is simply a copied and repackaged DVD Decrypter in another skin. http://www.mpegx.com/view.php?detail=1698&rv=2

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Be persistent, and keep sending the people at DVD-Cloner emails. Tell them your have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau OR that you are in the process of filing a complaint with the better business bureau. Save every email you have from them and keep emailing them.

3. Artimus2

Artimus2 Member

Yep same problems here. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Utah.

I wished I had checked with the BBB before I bought it. I would have seen all the complaints filed against them.

They are also selling a backup cd for this program that is useless...it's the old version.

Herman St==BEWARE!

4. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Lol i coulda told you about dvd cloner before you bought that crap i myself had bought it ..crashed everytime i opened it lol..never could get my money back just get Anydvd & Clonedvd and just move on buddy.

5. Artimus2

Artimus2 Member

I couldn't copy some of the new movies so I was looking for a new program.A friend of mine built me a new PC and she installed Anydvd & Clonedvd that she had cracked.They worked except for some of the new ones. ***edit by creaky - we don't talk about cracks/cracking here***

I went by the awards that DVD Cloner4 received so that's why I got it.$44+ mistake.

I do think I'll buy the new Clonedvd2 and Anydvd so I can get the updates.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007